Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is SKYPE working on 3 - xseries?

• 15-08-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    1)Did anyone get SKYPE to work on their 3-Xseries?
    I know people discussing initially that skype was not working..
    ANy updates on this?

2)Also, heard skype via fring has bad quality or hearing problem.
    But heard people talking about ORB streaming..
    When we can get media streaming why can't we get good voice clarity?

ANy suggestions.....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Skype is part of xseries,
    xseries hasn't be launched in Ireland yet afaik :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Lads,
    1)Did anyone get SKYPE to work on their 3-Xseries?
    I know people discussing initially that skype was not working..
    ANy updates on this?

2)Also, heard skype via fring has bad quality or hearing problem.
    But heard people talking about ORB streaming..
    When we can get media streaming why can't we get good voice clarity?

ANy suggestions.....

As far as I am aware the way Skype works in the UK is that your mobile makes a call to a mobile number setup by three which then redirects to skype, in other words the call is not using 3G data, so far it to work here three Ireland would need to have something similar setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Cabaal wrote:
    Skype is part of xseries,
    xseries hasn't be launched in Ireland yet afaik :)

Xseries has been launched in Ireland. When I try to launch skype on my phone I get a message that it is "coming soon as part of x-series"/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

so xseries has half launched in Ireland then.. heard orb and sling were not working either. why, oh why, do they offer the gold package as an upgrade then???? super thick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Orb IS most definetly working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

is SKYPE working on 3
    if yes what is the call quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Yes Skype is working. Have been running it for the last few days and it has much better sound quality then the PC version. When you dial a number, the software minimises and it dials a special number. You then get a voice saying please hold .. connecting call. Cause all the voice handeling ect is done centrally there is no lag at all from your end (may get lag from the other end)

With orb: technically it isnt working (if you use 3's skinned version). Basically the 3 version requires you to register a phone number but the website won't accept an irish number. But if you just download the version thats on www.orb.com it will allow you to connect and use orb. Not sure if this has implications for data charges (are you really using 3's orb or does it come from your 2gb limit??)

Havent asked cust care, think that they will try and block it.
    Also has anyone got Mobilcast wortking, mine keeps saying I'm not authorised to use it, but am on x-series gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

swampy353 wrote:
    But if you just download the version thats on www.orb.com it will allow you to connect and use orb. Not sure if this has implications for data charges (are you really using 3's orb or does it come from your 2gb limit??)

I only get as far as downloading the stream and it never loads now. somethings changed.

works on my N95 wifi ok though so it's something to do with 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Same with me but it seems that since the network upgrade for broadband last weekend, a lot of people have lost all streaming. Am trying to get mine sorted at the min, will call into a 3store today and try my sim in another phone n try to isolate my problem. See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055133970
    If you have spare memory on your phone you can download the file to your phone. Download available in the "more" link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Have spent over 2 weeks trying to get Three to acknowledge there's a problem here - their response so far as been to send me out a new SIM after a lot of arguing.

I also went to a Three store and tried my SIM in a staff members phone - she couldn't stream either.

We forgot to check if she could stream with her own SIM so somebody here might want to try that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement