Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Naas Vehicle Registration Office

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping for a quick answer on this one.
    I heading over to naas to vrt the car this afternoon, but I don't know where the office is. There is never an answer on the phone to them, so do any of ye know where it is?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

hey , i use to live in Naas, what direction are u coming from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Poppers1888

As far as I know, in middle of town in between Lawlors Hotel and Haydens Bar take the turn there and its just down there on the right past a shop called Soul. Thats where the tax office is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

As far as I know, in middle of town in between Lawlors Hotel and Haydens Bar take the turn there and its just down there on the right past a shop called Soul. Thats where the tax office is anyway

I know that the tax office was there, it is called Friary road, but they have now moved to Aras Cill Dara on the Limerick/Newbridge road. I suspect thats where you need to go.

If you drive up through the town, turn right at the lights at the Primavera restaurant. Head out this road and take the Left at the next set of lights, which are currently disabled I think.
    You will see the large glass building on your right, this is the council offices.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm comming in from the newbridge side, so it on my right then? The big glass building is on the lane down to the Osprey hotel, I think!

Cheers folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I'm comming in from the newbridge side, so it on my right then? The big glass building is on the lane down to the Osprey hotel, I think!

Cheers folks!!

Exactly - its a big weird new green coloured glass building

• Advertisement

Cheers folks!!

Yup,

this one:
    ArasPict.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Has the VRO moved there? In Feb it was still off Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beady

prospect wrote:
    Yup,

this one:
    ArasPict.jpg

Nope, that's the Kildare Co. council offices which has the tax office but not the VRO office. The VRO is at St. Davids house on the North main street, pretty much immediately south of Dara cinema, (you may need to go through the gates depending on exactly where the VRO office is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Beady wrote:
    Nope, that's the Kildare Co. council offices which has the tax office but not the VRO office. The VRO is at St. Davids house on the North main street, pretty much immediately south of Dara cinema, (you may need to go through the gates depending on exactly where the VRO office is).

Ya, thoughts so. There is a carpark at the back.

This is where it is:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.218548,-6.662929&spn=0.003552,0.011694&z=17&om=1

Ah, I just assumed they would move the whole lot into the massive and extreemly expensive new building.

But i suppose it makes sense too have two buildings and two inherently related Motoring public services in two seperate buildings ...

So the VRO is behind the Permanent TSB!

• Advertisement

prospect wrote:
    Ah, I just assumed they would move the whole lot into the massive and extreemly expensive new building.

But i suppose it makes sense too have two buildings and two inherently related Motoring public services in two seperate buildings ...

So the VRO is behind the Permanent TSB!

Nope, the building behind TSB is where the tax office used to be based, not sure what that building is used for now.

The difference between road tax and VRT is (I think) road tax goes to local authorities through the Dept for the environment, thus why the County Council will perform collection duties. VRT is collected for the government centrally so the money is going to different places.

As for the "massive and extremely expensive" new building, funnily enough it's not big enough for requirements so the Council are having use other office space for some departments. Go figure!

Beady wrote:
    Nope, the building behind TSB is where the tax office used to be based, not sure what that building is used for now.

Don't think so.
    The Tax office had been in the redbrick building on friary road since before 1992.

The offices behind the TSB had some of the health board functions in it, and now it seems it also has the VRO aswell.

prospect wrote:
    Don't think so.
    The Tax office had been in the redbrick building on friary road since before 1992.

The offices behind the TSB had some of the health board functions in it, and now it seems it also has the VRO aswell.

Apologies, you're right. I was confusing First Active with TSB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Found it alright lads.

Cheers!

Advertisement