Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right dominant?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:49am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi all,
    Ive noticed after doing long cycles that the inside of my left hip can be quite tight. I think ths is my left abductor muscle and is sore as a result of pedalling too much with my right.
    does anyone know any good stretches for this muscle group and more importantly any methods for training myself into using my left leg more-is it just a case of consciously trying to use my left leg more?

cheers
    conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'd recommend seeing a physiotherapist for this kind of advice, especially if you're thinking of doing any serious touring. A consultation shouldn't cost much more than 50 brick.

hi all,
    Ive noticed after doing long cycles that the inside of my left hip can be quite tight. I think ths is my left abductor muscle and is sore as a result of pedalling too much with my right.
    does anyone know any good stretches for this muscle group and more importantly any methods for training myself into using my left leg more-is it just a case of consciously trying to use my left leg more?

cheers
    conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Definitely visit a sports-physio to confirm your diagnosis.

You can do single-legged pedalling drills (assuming your riding clipless) to work on your left leg. You could also try riding a fixed gear to even out your pedal stroke.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 108 ✭✭conor rowan

thanks for the help lads. went to the physio and he gave a good set of dynamic stretches to warm up before cycling and some static ones for after. now that ive been aware of what way im pedalling it hasnt been an issue

Advertisement