Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peeling paint

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey All,

Just bought my first car.

It a '96 Mazda 121 and it's running like a relative dream. However, when I bought the car there was paint peeling on the bonnet. I would like to sort this out as inexpensively as possible. So I guess a DIY style solution might be best.

I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff. Does anybody have any experience with this kind of thing? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

Or am I wasting my time and should get it spayed by a pro.

j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

jaarius wrote:
    get it spayed by a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Get it sprayed by a pro if you can. DIY spraying with an aerosol will not give a good finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Go to a breakers yard and buy a second-hand bonnet.

Mazda 121 = Fiesta in disguise, no problem getting a bonnet in whatever colour you need, everyone's a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Hey All,

Thanks for the advice. Does anybody know roughly what kind of money I should be looking to spend on this?

Also I will look into to breakers yard on the Forge Hill in Cork.

j

Advertisement