Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI Files help.

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:59am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm trying to make an installer for the first time, so started from scratch using wix.

I have created a .MSI file which contains the logic and data required to install the program. It however does not contain the program itself. Basically my 'installer' gets the program(the files already on my computer and installs it somewhere else. So, if they were not already on my computer the installer would not work, it doesn't have the files in it. Is there something I am missing, how do I get them in the .msi file? Do I have to use candle.exe and light.exe in some way? Wixaware created the msi for me, I have a feeling I have to do something else in it to finish the process and make a proper installer file but I'm not sure what.
    Thanks.

Advertisement