Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless router - forgotten encryption key

• 15-08-2007 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

I have a wireless network set up and for love nor money can i recall it's IP address. It's set up on teh DMZ of our firewall so guests can get Internet access and not connect to our LAN so is on a different IP range of our lan.

What i need to do is be able to log onto this router so i can get the encryption key and record it for when others want to visit. (yes i could make it open with no security but don't want to)

I got the IP of the gateway but when i go to that it takes me to my firewall so no joy there. Obviously I don't want to reset the router coz i'd have to get someone in to configure it again.

anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Can you not just wire yourself up to it and get the encryption key from the web interface?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Sounds like you'll have to connect a cable and reset unless the encryption key is shown in the clear on the router's admin page. Mine is and I have a Netgear router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

ethernet wrote:
    the encryption key is shown in the clear on the router's admin page. .
    its a 3Com and the key is shown clear on the admin page but I cant HTTP to it, cant recall the IP. I guess I'll just have to ping all 255 addresses til i get a response then try. I know one address and when i HTTP to it it takes me to my firewall which obviously is no good to me.

maye i'll take the connection from the firewall out and try HTTP to it again.

Advertisement