Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im just curious

Options
  • 15-08-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

how big is the boards.ie database?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

As of about 30 seconds ago:

Threads: 573,861, Posts: 6,837,730, Members: 110,706

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a section called 'boards.ie Statistics'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

think he means in storage terms

or maybe it's just because i'm a big nerd and automatically thought that.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

r3nu4l wrote:
    As of about 30 seconds ago:

Threads: 573,861, Posts: 6,837,730, Members: 110,706

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a section called 'boards.ie Statistics'. :)

sorry i ment the actual physical size in GB or TB of the database, but interseting info anyway thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cremo wrote:
    think he means in storage terms

:) Of course, I knew that (ahem). :)
    So, anyone know the size of the database? Admins and one or two SMods can answer this, I'd suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There was a thread around at some point that said this.

My money's on ~8GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its nearly 5 GB now, but having said that, we removed nearly 5 GB of attachments and other stuff from the database and stored it on disk instead recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

regi wrote:
    Its nearly 5 GB now, but having said that, we removed nearly 5 GB of attachments and other stuff from the database and stored it on disk instead recently.

that really not big at all, i was expecting it to be much larger for some reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sounds quite impressive though if you replace GB for inches & use a penis analogy, i.e.:

My dick used to be 10", but I chopped off 5" coz it was just too big & cumbersome. :D

Well that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.

Advertisement