Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knit crochet stitch anything?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I just posted this in the county section but thought ye would appreciate it too since it's open to ALL of Limerick (county & city)... :)

Limerick Knit A Bit

This is *the* cool new group in limerick. Any age or ability welcome. Knitting is the new black (so they say), but you can stitch or crochet too.

Bring your projects and be ready for a relaxing hour of tea and time to work on it! Help available if needed too.

Mondays & Wednesdays
    7-8 pm
    Community Resource Center
    51 Sharwood Newcastlewest, Co Limerick

Starts August 27th.

The place to be.:p

For questions you can email Glenda at knitabit.limerick@gmail.com or ring Tanya at 0871310812.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Knitting is cool now?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 glenda.27

haven't you heard about all the stitch n bitch books & clubs.... it's definitely cool. :D

Stitch n bitch??? Lol! Sounds daycent. So would Uncle Darkjager be able to come stitch n bitch??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i have knits so can i join?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I have been wanting to learn to knit (my mother doesn't know how:eek:)
    but can't find anywhere to teach me.
    Any ideas? (i'm in my 30s)

• Advertisement

Don't think anywhere teaches it. Its an art form you simply have to have in your soul, the power of knitting coursing through your veins every single second. You have to be willing to sacrifice yourself for it. To devote hours upon hours upon hours of your life. Blood, sweat and thousands of tears. Sleepless nights and anxious mornings. And then you will finally become....A MASTER OF THE PINS:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

If Aer Lingus have anything to do with it we will all be knitting sooner or later .... there won't be anything else to do ..... :(

I still have a couple of real Arran sweaters/jumpers that my Gran knitted for me years ago ..... it's a long time since they would fit me but I'll never get rid of them ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Teacher tried to teach us in 4th class, didnt go so well, it was impossible (well for me anyway)

No ideas then:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Crea wrote:
    No ideas then:(

Ring Tanya ...... :)
    For questions you can email Glenda at knitabit.limerick@gmail.com or ring Tanya at 0871310812.

• Advertisement

I'll teach you how to knit
    My wrists stay rocked up
    My TV's pop up in a Maybach benz
    You can't see me
    My bently GT got smoke gray tints
    My neck stay blinging, my rims stay gleaming, I'm shining man
    I see you scheming, keep on dreaming, I hurt ya mans

Wow, now there's an offer I can't refuse ;)

Lol :D

Crea wrote:
    I have been wanting to learn to knit (my mother doesn't know how:eek:)
    but can't find anywhere to teach me.
    Any ideas? (i'm in my 30s)

Yeah we can definitely help you out. We are in our late 20s/early 30s too so no big deal, and anyone is welcome anyway.

Just try to get wool and needles before you come. any size needles is fine and just cheap wool to start you out with. Lena's usually has aran wool for a great price. (I like aran the best myself) it's similar weight to worsted so you would want to get about a size 5mm needles to go with it.

We will have a few kits to get people started that want to learn, plus we can all help each other.

Anyway, you should stop by and see if it's something you'd be interested in.

hobie wrote:
    Ring Tanya ...... :)

you can always do that too. She was on the radio last night talking about it, and I think there will be a blurb about it in the Limerick post coz they interviewed her.

She is the real expert!

Glenda

1huge1 wrote:
    Teacher tried to teach us in 4th class, didnt go so well, it was impossible (well for me anyway)

the cool thing is even if you didn't catch on to it in school, the fact that you tried then should make it easier to catch on now. like riding a bike... or something

And about knitting being cool ----

Paris Hilton, Madonna, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Hillary Swank, Stu Bloomberg, Rosie Grier, Bob Mackie, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Moss all knit....

if you think they are cool that is :confused:

Ehhhhh.... na cuz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ninimpg

Hi Glenda,

Would love to join your knitting group. Just took it up again at the start of the summer after having suffered through classes in primary school. Amazing how quickly it all comes back to you. Much more fun this time around though.
    Have managed a bag and a cowl thingy (started as a scarf but ran out of wool!).
    Still stuck on anything I can form out of large squares and rectangles so hope no major level of expertise expected. Also quite happy to be pottering away with big needles and inappropriate yarn. Just about to take the big step into actually shaping something ! Hope ye'll be able to help me through it. Hoping to get out of work on time tomorrow night to get over to ye in NCW but will make it another night anyway. See ye soon.

sounds great, of course we can help with the shaping and all that. I'm no real expert or anything, but Tanya is good and there were a few others there on Monday too.

Looking forward to seeing you. It's ok if you are late from work! We can make you tea when you get there! lol.

Glenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tan07ya

hi people like glenda said every one is welcome.love the poem by the way

• Advertisement
Advertisement