Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Darts Standard?

• 15-08-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Big fan of Darts, recently decided to get a Dart board in the hope of practising up for competitions. I'm not doing too bad if I do say so myself, after three weeks fairly comfortable on doubles and hitting quite a few ton plusses in practise. I'm just inconsistent but I'm working on that and slowly but surely geting there.

I'd like to move up to competition darts asap. However, since I'm a Dub there's not a lot of places where I can compete without it costing a bomb. So I'd like to know from people who've competed what the standard is like? What sort of one-dart and three-dart averages would you need to step up? How many Darts should I be finishing a game of 301 (I'd assume that's the set format) in to stand a chance? Those kinda things.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hi Leggo,

Where in Dublin do you live? There are a few pub Dart Leagues that are run in Dublin that are very cheap to enter. The format is 501 best of 3 legs and there are 8 to a team on a given night. There are two different nights that the League runs on, Monday and Tuesday with the Monday night being the better standard.

I would have a rough guess that the standard would be around the 60 mark for 3 darts but it can vary depending on the player. If you can hit a solid 60 then you should do well.

The League starts from October so you have times it well. You will have a couple of months to practice and you also have a couple of months to find a team to join. The best way is to pick the pub nearest to you and ask them about joining.

The website for the South Dublin League can be found here:
    http://www.darts.ie/

If you live in North Dublin there is also a league and I'm sure one of the other lads would be able to give you info about that.

Also keep your eye out on RTÉ Aertel page 421 on RTÉ 2. This list all the tournaments that are happening in Ireland. Playing in these will give you good practice and depending on the tournament the standard will again vary.

Any other questions just ask :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Leggo just a thought for you to improve your game, there a darts software called dartpro, have you downloaded it,if not id recommend it!!
    Ill post the link up if ye want it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Cheers for the info lads. I'm living out in Blanch at the moment but I'll definitely look into those legs. Kinda disappointed it's only best out of 3, I'm better at longer games as the first three legs I usually use to warm up and only get a rhythm going after 5-6, but I suppose that's an incentive to get better then!

I've had a look at dartpro, only problem with it is that the board is in a different room than the PC. But if I need it I might just take a note of my scores and use dartpro from there or something.

Again, cheers that's a massive help. If there's anyone else who can add anything it'd be much appreciated!

Advertisement