Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panniers - recommendations?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm looking into getting panniers to fit on my existing rear carrier - I'm getting a bit sick of the sweaty backpack!. It'll be mainly used for commuting i.e. change of clothes (and possibly a laptop from time to time). I'd probably use it for a bit of grocery shopping too but really I don't want anything too bulky and heavy duty. I have a Trek 7.2 fx if that makes any difference.

Most of the time my bike is in a secure enough location so I wouldn't be too worried if they came off easily..
    I will more than likely get them online so if anyone can provide some links it would be much appreciated :)

Would something like this do ? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13970
    I presume it comes with elastic to bind it to the top of a carrier?
    Or am i better off getting something more expensive in the long run?

cheers

davej

Comments

Advertisement