Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results-Didnt go so well

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

no problem!! let me know how it goes, could do with the bit of info myself!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

275,really wanted to do nursing..Are their any diploma courses in nursing can anybody tell me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

there are pre-nursing courses in many colleges that offer plc courses..
    u take that course for a year and then head into your nursing course.. it's an extra year of experience so ul have a slight upperhand next year than those coming into nursing straight out of school.
    im hoping to get offered psychiatric nursing on monday but if not chances are il be heading to do a pre-nursing somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Has anyone considered joining one of the major banks?A friend of mine resently told me about one of his mates that did pretty poorly in the lc. Didnt go to college but instead joined a bank and is now working his way up through the ranks pretty fast. Anyone know how to go about joining one of them?:confused:

fionated7 wrote:
    there are pre-nursing courses in many colleges that offer plc courses..
    u take that course for a year and then head into your nursing course.. it's an extra year of experience so ul have a slight upperhand next year than those coming into nursing straight out of school.
    im hoping to get offered psychiatric nursing on monday but if not chances are il be heading to do a pre-nursing somewhere.

After completing the pre-nursing course,can you get into any nursing course in any college e.g General Nursing in UCD??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Rememeber that the points total that you are aiming at are for first round offers. You might get the course in the second or third round of offers.

i thought that the points requirement you see from last year is the number of points the lowest person who got in had? ie after all the rounds had taken place is that not correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Most of the Pre-Nursing courses will get you Nursing in the UK only from what I've been told and they end up using your LC results for it. Seriously I repeated and had the best year of my life. I'd love to do the year with my year all over again!!

Most of the Pre-Nursing courses will get you Nursing in the UK only from what I've been told and they end up using your LC results for it. Seriously I repeated and had the best year of my life. I'd love to do the year with my year all over again!!
    So,does that mean that you can't get in to any irish colleges on successful completion of this course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

think anyone could help me out here??

a friend of mine got something around 370,and she wishes to do nursing (i still have no idea she got any offer for the moment),if thing doesnt turn out right,what is the best suggestion you have there for her?

thank you in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

If she got 370, i say she did not get nursing but there may be a progression route like this one in the Cork College Of Commerce. I am sure that there is lots of similar courses, maybe closer to where she lives.http://www.corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/depts/day/health/community.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

PeakOutput wrote:
    i thought that the points requirement you see from last year is the number of points the lowest person who got in had? ie after all the rounds had taken place is that not correct?

As far as I know the points requirments that you see are always based on the first round offers, because the second and third rounds can vary so much. Sometimes course could drop by alot in later rounds sometimes they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

If she got 370, i say she did not get nursing but there may be a progression route like this one in the Cork College Of Commerce. I am sure that there is lots of similar courses, maybe closer to where she lives.http://www.corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/depts/day/health/community.html

this is a great news for her,i guess:D

thanks ,mate

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

fionated7 wrote:
    im also ten points off!!! sickening it is, actually sickening!!!
    im gonna appeal my irish and english caus i feel like i was robbed!!! but im gonna accept my second choice if they offer it to me (which going by last years points i should get) even though it is completely different from my first choice!!! everything happens for a reason right?

Thats hardly the end of the road - we had 6th years heading off to college as late as October from appeals :rolleyes: You only have a bit of cash to lose by trying - do it.

Also the first round isnt definitive ;) and the points may have gone down.

And anyone deciding that repeating will make them 'too old' (ive heard it before): thats silly - around half of the 40 people that started in my course were all 21 or older :p 26 being the eldest I think.

Advertisement