Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ordered a TT coupe for Jan 08!

Options
  • 15-08-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I was on here a few months ago about researching a Lotus Elise. (I was looking at importing, VRT paying etc) Unfortunately my research kept bringing me back to one point; no storage space.
    Damnit. I regularly need to put a large suitcase in the boot. No boot in Elise.

As a completely more suitable car, I have stretched a little and chosen the new Audi TT Coupe 2.0T FSI. In black. Red leather interior etc. I love it. Cant wait.

Now I'm hoping to register the car with a custom numberplate. No idea what number i want yet, but I'll bid regardless..
    January cant come quicker!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wow, nice one! Don't mind the barrage of idiots who are about to post claiming it's a hairdresser's car, if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. I drove a friend's one recently, and it's a stonking motor. Well wear with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

08 D 77 ! Get your entry in before Nov 1st.

Nice car, enjoy. If they had put the S3 engine in the TT I probably would've bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

08 D 77
    Shhh! I knew that one of course! It's a lottery mind you so something more obscure gives me a better chance.
    hairdresser's car
    old model was given that rep. Then again this might get it too if a load of hairdresser types buy it too.

barryfitz wrote:
    ok youve blown your horn. Can someone close the thread as it is pointless from here on in?

??? What the f**k are you doing on a car forum? I remember some similar idiot saying the same when I put up a thread about the S3. I'm not sure whether it was the 5,000+ views on the car or the fact that so many people called him a troll that got the point across!

Fluffer anything with 77 in it really 877 so you could have 08 D 08 77. A guy in work has 07 D 85 77 or something like that on his.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

barryfitz wrote:
    ok youve blown your horn. Can someone close the thread as it is pointless from here on in?

Don't be an idiot. This is a forum for Motoring Enthusiasts, and some of us like hearing about other boardsie's purchases. For example, there might be someone else on the Forum considering buying a TT, and this thread would be a great place for them to get advice from Fluffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice choice fluffer, I really like the new TTs.

Glad to see others as annoyed as I was at his post. I thought it had relevance as I had discussed the elise here on boards before. I mooted the same day-to-day reservations, and now acted on them. TT it is.

Damnit. 08-D-877 i thought only I would think of that! stop giving away my ideas!

Anyone interested in an Audi TT I would highly recommend them checking this forum out.
    http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/
    Really helpful people. Loads of photos, opinions, ideas etc. Saves a lot of time and money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Genuine congrats - a mate of mine is toying with idea of replacing his '02 TT with a new model next year. I've driven it quite a bit (the old one) and was tempted but found the ride too poor, but I've heard the new one is much better.

Is the 2.0 4wd?
    Originally Posted by MarkN @ barryfitz
    ??? What the f**k are you doing on a car forum?
    :D:D:D:D

Another good Audi site is audi-sport.net.

The only Quattro at the moment in the TT is the 3.2 V6.

What rims did you go for?

I love the rims with the polish effect on them, lots of spokes a la old RS4 wheels and grey in them really sets them off against a black TT.

These ones look small but 18s are available. Obviously the new RS4s are lovely too - but expensive.
    new_audi_tt.jpg
    1_2007_audi_tt_s_line_coupe_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

He He... relax, im just lookin at a shiny red one in the carpark here in work and a slight bit jealous, although I prefer the z4 behind it!

• Advertisement

Is the 2.0 4wd?

Nope. Only the 3.2 has quattro. It's 250bhp normally aspirated.
    The 2.0T FSI (200bhp)is supposedly a better drive according to all the reviews. 3.2 has a nicer roar mind you!

I put a hell of a lot of research into this car. I cant fault it. Initial outlay aside, its cheaper to run than almost any car anywhere near its category. (All inclusive that is-depreciation, petrol, insurance, tax, servicing etc) I based this on the What Car? Real cost surveys.

I went for the 10 spoke bi-colours (2-tone polished silver/titanium) 18". Looks like them on the silver car you show. Not cheap mind you. Standard wheels are suicide imho.

The 19" RS4's on the other car had me sold till they told me the price; 4700 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Best of luck with it, fluffer. Let us know once you get it!

BTW do you have to order now to get delivery in Jan '08?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

and in a few years you can probably get a veyron body kit for it...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ah fup off u lucky fupper!!

Best of luck with it lad, if u want anyone to mind it for a week or year, let me know ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Always wanted a TT, a buddy of mine had one for a few years, decided to go with a bmw 318ci instead! best of look wit yours! gonna be a long wate for the new year, what u driving in the mean time?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wonder how much it will actually cost after the Gov rejig the VRT system in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah ya lucky SOB.
    I have a passat 1.8t - it's nearly the same and I love it :D .

Seriously though, I think the new TT is a much better looking car than previous TT, hope it goes well for ya.

do you have to order now to get delivery in Jan '08?
    Nope. In the UK there is up to 9 months waiting lists though. I need my car from October (moving home), but there is no point in buying a new car in October. It ages a year after 2 months!
    gonna be a long wate for the new year, what u driving in the mean time?
    A trusty 125cc moped (motorbike-style like everyone else here) in Saigon till October, then my old A3 till January. This wait is going to hurt...
    I wonder how much it will actually cost after the Gov rejig the VRT system in December?
    Are you serious or just trying to freak me out?! Cos I doubt the government will be reducing the VRT anytime soon, what with concessions already given for stamp duty...
    If they did it would just be for 1.0 diesel puntos. Not 2.0T engines in a premium model!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fluffer just wondering (and not having a go or anything)

why didnt you just get the car second hand, you are prepared to wait until next jan anyway so why not wait for a 07 with the right spec to come along?

• Advertisement

why didnt you just get the car second hand
    A few reasons.
    Mainly that the cost saving on a second-hand TT is negligable right now because of strong residuals.
    I wanted to spec the car myself. -It's an unusual spec I wanted.
    I wanted to experience new car ownership. Last car had lots of problems from previous owners. I take care of my cars. I'd prefer to know its history.
    I am returning from a few years abroad and need something to cheer myself up once I come back to gloomy Ireland! A present to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

fair play!! i like the look of the new TT, also the engineering design is brilliant. i love the balance of the car. pity its not the quattro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Fair play fluffer thats a seriously nice motor and a great colour combo,
    its got to be 08 XX 77 its the only plate for a TT although good luck getting it, WW might be a good choice for you if you know someone living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

MarkN wrote:
    ??? What the f**k are you doing on a car forum? I remember some similar idiot saying the same when I put up a thread about the S3. I'm not sure whether it was the 5,000+ views on the car or the fact that so many people called him a troll that got the point across!

Well said Mark, that guy should be banned for being a twat :mad:
    I'm glad they deleted his post.

Fluffer, quality car, I can't see this one getting the "hairdresser" badge, looks way too sleek, the old one was too roundy (bubbly if you like).

I've been in my cousins one, I think his was the 2.0TFSI 6 speed manual, smoke grey (dunno the audi name for this colour) with a cream coloured interior. I couldn't fit in properly without some help (I'm 6ft6 :) ) but when I got in it was impressive. If I had the money I would.

Best of luck with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ayashii

Well done fluffer - dead jealous :D

Had an old model 180 TT then sold it for a MkV GTI but love the look of the new TT and am thinking of getting one. The golf is an amazing car but isn't quite as 'special' as the TT.

Can I ask what optional extras you went for apart from the wheels? Multifunction steering wheel/cruise/DSG gearbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I see a lot of the new TTs being driven really hard and agressively, much more so than the old model. Are the owners pretending they are in R8s?

el tel wrote:
    I see a lot of the new TTs being driven really hard and agressively, much more so than the old model. Are the owners pretending they are in R8s?

No El Tel, they're just being driven by men this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

lafors wrote:
    Well said Mark, that guy should be banned for being a twat :mad:
    I'm glad they deleted his post.

Now Now .......easy on the personal abuse, I deleted my own post. ;)

off topic. So by that token your definition of a hairdressers car is "its roundy". What about the Hyundai Coupe, Thats not very "roundy" is it. In fact id nearly call it sleek (not the 07 shape).

I dont like the arse on the new TT's thats all, and congratulations on the purchase fluffer, Its a good performer.

Can I ask what optional extras you went for apart from the wheels?
    The TT Owners Club (UK) are a fantastic resource for selecting options and colours. (link given above) There are even some Irish owners there able to offer feedback specifically for Irish market quirks.

I chose:
    2.0T FSI TT Coupe.
    6-speed manual gearbox
    Brilliant Black.
    Fine Nappa Leather -magma red
    Xenon Headlamps
    10 spoke bi-colour 18" alloys. -non runflats
    Electrically heated and folding mirrors.
    Extended aluminium interior
    Tyre pressure monitoring display.

The only Audi option i want but cant justify financially is the extended leather (covers the handbrake, more of the doors, the dash hood etc in black leather)

I will be changing the headunit for a pioneer avic-hd3bt satellite navigation/DVD player/Bluetooth phone etc.
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/10/20/241/AVIC-HD3BT/index.html
    Multifunction steering wheel/cruise/DSG gearbox?
    MFSW -doesnt work with aftermarket units, and i prefer hands on anyway.
    Cruise control - I'm trying to make driving more interesting, not less!
    DSG - I tried it, its the best automatic I've ever used, but I still just dont like them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Nice choice fluffer congrats!

Will you post loadsa pics and details when you get it in Jan?

I ordered my 07 golf in Aug 06 and the wait is a killer, though it's a great feeling collecting it on 2 Jan and driving away :)

Don't giv a sh!t what people say about the value of buying 2nd hand you just can't beat the feeling of a brand new car.

Advertisement