Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ordered a TT coupe for Jan 08!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

barryfitz wrote:
    Now Now .......easy on the personal abuse, I deleted my own post. ;)

off topic. So by that token your definition of a hairdressers car is "its roundy". What about the Hyundai Coupe, Thats not very "roundy" is it. In fact id nearly call it sleek (not the 07 shape).

I dont like the arse on the new TT's thats all, and congratulations on the purchase fluffer, Its a good performer.

Ah you deleted your own post, thats brought you back from "twat" level to "Has common sense" level ;) (apologies for any offence, I know you don't usually post bad comments)

I'd say being roundy/bubbly is a huge factor in making a car "hairdresser" standard (eg mini, beetle, old tt). The original hyundai coupe (not the new one) sits in that category, in that its an elongated bubble ;) ...i know what you mean, obviously there are exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

fluffer wrote:
    The TT Owners Club (UK) are a fantastic resource for selecting options and colours. (link given above) There are even some Irish owners there able to offer feedback specifically for Irish market quirks.

I chose:
    2.0T FSI TT Coupe.
    6-speed manual gearbox
    Brilliant Black.
    Fine Nappa Leather -magma red
    Xenon Headlamps
    10 spoke bi-colour 18" alloys. -non runflats
    Electrically heated and folding mirrors.
    Extended aluminium interior
    Tyre pressure monitoring display.

The only Audi option i want but cant justify financially is the extended leather (covers the handbrake, more of the doors, the dash hood etc in black leather)

I will be changing the headunit for a pioneer avic-hd3bt satellite navigation/DVD player/Bluetooth phone etc.
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/10/20/241/AVIC-HD3BT/index.html

MFSW -doesnt work with aftermarket units, and i prefer hands on anyway.
    Cruise control - I'm trying to make driving more interesting, not less!
    DSG - I tried it, its the best automatic I've ever used, but I still just dont like them!

BTDT - twice. And a half. (found one for a friend via tt-forum.co.uk in March - got a 270bhp one.......) Might do it again, very little out there that is good competition all round.

If I might, though, suggest:

Red Leather - might not be the best choice for residuals, but I do like the Magma over the other bright red they had/have..........
    DSG infinately better than manual, and that goes for residuals too.
    Cruise - it's so cheap, you'd be daft NOT to have it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Great choice there fluffer, black with magma and a nice spec to go with it.

Although I would have to recommend the extended black leather, it just takes the interior to another level.

The wait is the hardest bit. I think I became a bit addicted to the tt-forum.co.uk while waiting for mine, it kind of put the TT craving at bay :D

Heres a pic of my baby, I think I put a pic of my interior on on of your threads on the tt forum when you were trying to decide to go for magma or not, dont know if you remember.
    CIMG1964e-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Yeah I remember. Dolphin Grey with magma. Sweet!
    I think you've persuaded me to buy the extended leather (black) too. I'll modify my order I reckon soon enough. Do you have any more pics with it just to be sure? pm me here or on tt-forums if you do.
    I cant ignore so many people telling me. In fact I rented a golf tdi in spain there last week that had leather handbrake etc... Much nicer feel than plastic.

Also I declined the bose speakers. Sound quality is important to me and I dont want to go ripping out panels to install new speakers, but people just keep saying it's not worth the cash. tbh I would be quite slow to choose the option myself. What's your opinion?
    How's that Milltek aftermarket exhaust?
    Red Leather - might not be the best choice for residuals,
    I love it. Others I hope will too. Maybe not as much as a well-kept beige mind you.
    DSG infinately better than manual, and that goes for residuals too.
    Mixed opinions there. But I just dont like automatics. Residuals are helped by it though there is no doubt about that.
    Cruise - it's so cheap, you'd be daft NOT to have it.
    427 euro for cruise control I would not say is cheap! Especially seeing as I'll rarely use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Fluffer,

Car sounds great, really nice spec. The one thing I would make sure you do though is make sure that the base of the seats (the plastic stuff) is in black and not red. Its looks really bad when the the base is red. Ive seen one with red leather and a black base and it looks sooo much better. Im sure youll agree when you see the photos attached.

I also attach a picture of a TT with the rs4 rims. I know they're close to €4,000 but my friend got excellent 19" replicas from england with tyres for €1,200 which is prob less than what you are paying for the 18" upgrade. They are almost a perfect match also as we comapred them side by side to another friends dad's rs4. They also look class on a TT.

Hope this helps some what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

would recommend replicas myself, heavy and prone to buckling

now a nice set of BBS lms would set that car off a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I have a TTC 2.0T on order for Jan 08 also. I was all set to go with Magma red seats (getting a silver car) but chickened out at the last minute and went with black leather instead! :o

I think the Magma looks awesome; just not sure if it's a little OTT for me.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

fluffer wrote:
    Yeah I remember. Dolphin Grey with magma. Sweet!
    I think you've persuaded me to buy the extended leather (black) too. I'll modify my order I reckon soon enough. Do you have any more pics with it just to be sure? pm me here or on tt-forums if you do.
    I cant ignore so many people telling me. In fact I rented a golf tdi in spain there last week that had leather handbrake etc... Much nicer feel than plastic.

Also I declined the bose speakers. Sound quality is important to me and I dont want to go ripping out panels to install new speakers, but people just keep saying it's not worth the cash. tbh I would be quite slow to choose the option myself. What's your opinion?
    How's that Milltek aftermarket exhaust?

I love it. Others I hope will too. Maybe not as much as a well-kept beige mind you.

Mixed opinions there. But I just dont like automatics. Residuals are helped by it though there is no doubt about that.

427 euro for cruise control I would not say is cheap! Especially seeing as I'll rarely use it.

Woah you mean the TT doesn't have a leather handbrake as standard!? Sure my measly sportline golf and the a3 ambition do so I'd presume it would be on a car like that

I doubt the bose speakers would be worth it would they? Any new audi I've been in I've found the sound to be excellent, even on an a3

And cruise control? Fook that! And I wouldn't worry too much about residuals sure you're buying and customising a new car that you want so enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ok, put this another way: to add cruise to TT MK1, afterwards, was about Eur 120. All that is required is a replacement indicator stalk and to switch on the software via the OBD port. TT-forum has a few good posts on this. When shopping in March, I was offered to add the cruise f.o.c.......on a used car - that's how easy it is. Eur 470 is pulling the pi** completely, so I understand your reluctance. There again, if you're in for 60K, what's another .4k ?? :)

As for DSG vs manual - I understand people's attitudes on this, but with 20k in a manual, 20k in a Tiptronic, and 10k in a DSG, there really is no comparison - DSG is better than all of them. BTW - it is a 'manual' gearbox, but with computer and manual control, not an actual automatic gearbox - big difference. Mind you, I don't know how much extra they're asking for it.........

P.S. I vote for the black bases on the Magma Red seats btw..........much better !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Well, I think the Magma leather really looks good in the new TT (I would say that wouldn't I :D ), but it has to be matched to the right exterior colour to work.

Also as far as I know, all seat bases are now matched to carpet colour chioce.
    InteriorShot-1.jpg

As regards the extended leather, when I first test drove a TT it did not have it, and it just did not feel right.
    Interior2.jpg

InstrCluster.jpg

DoorCard.jpg
    Here both the arm rest (black) and the red parts are leather.

I know that some people are not overly happy with the Bose system and feel that it is not a big enough leap in sound quality and base compared to standard, but I have to disagree.
    bose.jpg

It provides a very crisp sound, and responds very well to sharp base sounds. You can definitely feel the thump if you turn it up with the right music playing.

However, I dont know if its the head unit or the Bose, but say if you listening to the radio at just under half volume and decide to switch to Cd, it will blow your ears off and give you quite a shock.
    Infact I'm not that impressed with the sound volume from the radio source, but the volume from MP3 Cd's (which is what I listen to 90% of the time) is good. I've never turned it up over 70% (on CD) cause it started to get uncomfortable :D

With regards to the Milltek, I love it. I wouldn't say its much louder than the stock exhaust, but it gives a deeper and smoother sound.

Heres a video I made comparing the two. Just a note though, you need a good set of speakers of some in ear headphones that give some base to hear the Milltek :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KOPoDzTgh_8

Oh and regards retrofitting the cruise control, the parts roughly cost 120 euro (why do they charge 470?? rip off), I think piloTT on the tt-forum installed it in his but I think it was a tricky process.

Few, that was a long post, I need a cup of tea after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

After hearing the Bose sound system in an Alfa GT, I have to say it's awsome. Far far superior to anything I've heard in any other car. The owner didn't really like it because it didn't have enough base for him, but base is for nightclubs and young fellas with their sub's in the boot.
    The crisp sound of a Bose stereo is second to none in a car.
    Best of luck with the TT, I'd much prefer them over the outgoing model, they're a fine bus! Don't put the R8 kit on it though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

lafors wrote:
    Well said Mark, that guy should be banned for being a twat :mad:
    I'm glad they deleted his post.

Fluffer, quality car, I can't see this one getting the "hairdresser" badge, looks way too sleek, the old one was too roundy (bubbly if you like).

I've been in my cousins one, I think his was the 2.0TFSI 6 speed manual, smoke grey (dunno the audi name for this colour) with a cream coloured interior. I couldn't fit in properly without some help (I'm 6ft6 :) ) but when I got in it was impressive. If I had the money I would.

Best of luck with it :D

Cousin with dark TT + Cream interior + 6ft6 + Initials IJK in Gamer tag =

Hows it going' cuz!:D

Its actually Brilliant Black Ian. The carpark at the Castle was a bit dark though, so easy mistake to make. :D

As for Fluffer. Congrats. You'll love it! Just to re-iterate what conneem said about Extended Leather. IIRC the handbrake is leather on all cars. The extended leather adds the Slug (little armrest on top of handbrake), Stitched leather on the centre console, dashpod area, and door arm rests instead of dimpled soft touch plastic in those 3 area's. Its not an absolute disaster not to have it but imho its definately worth the extra as it really finishes off the interior and makes it that bit more luxurious looking.

I'd drop the TPM (Tyre Pressure monitor) unless you are getting Mag Ride though. By all accounts its useless for monitoring Tyre Pressures and most people only order it to fill in the last blank button. Which is fine but you don't have mag ride specced. If you fill the other blank with TPM than it'll cost you 2000 quid to fill in the last blank with Mag ride!:D

Not a fan of the Bi-Colours myself. Saw them in the flesh in Grange and tbh they just looked like standard 10 spokes with a layer of brake dust on the spokes. The other thing is they look smaller than they are. Case in point being that someone commented on a pic earlier in the thread that showed 10spokes. "18's would look better" etc. Those ARE 18's! Thats one of the reasons I went for the Turbines. Saw a condor grey on turbines and a silver on 10 spokes side by side at the Irish launch event last year and the turbines looked like 19's while the 10 spokes looked like 17's in comparison. Both 18's!

Cya on the TT forum btw. Its the only thing that kept me sane while I was waiting for mine! :D

Heres mine BTW:

img144131gg8.jpg

img1439261pd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

ok, put this another way: to add cruise to TT MK1, afterwards, was about Eur 120. All that is required is a replacement indicator stalk and to switch on the software via the OBD port. TT-forum has a few good posts on this. When shopping in March, I was offered to add the cruise f.o.c.......on a used car - that's how easy it is.
    Never wanted cruise control. But now that i see I can get it for 120 Euro after purchase, I've got myself a project after a few months ownership! Hope it works on the mk2 similarly.
    Also as far as I know, all seat bases are now matched to carpet colour chioce.
    I dont like the idea of red plastic! Definitely good to have it in black. I'll want to make sure of it.
    The Bose is something I am going to have to compromise on. It's a grand (the grand I'm now spending on extended leather!). I'll be changing the headunit anyway at a cost of over 2k.(pioneer HD3BT) Hopefully the added wattage in that will drive the standard 10 speakers to an acceptable level.
    extended leather adds the Slug (little armrest on top of handbrake),
    Considering the armrest is what sold me my last car (A3) a few years ago, this is essential.
    I'd drop the TPM
    I'm actually quite happy to have the TPM. With no jack (I hear), no run-flats (dont like them and 400 extra) and only foam to get me home, I want all the advanced notice i can of a flat tyre. AFAIK it doesnt check pressure directly, just rotational differences between the 4 wheels. Its an emergency warning sys is how I see it. Would love to know what it says when you push the button mind you. Might ask on tt-forums..
    Not a fan of the Bi-Colours myself. Saw them in the flesh in Grange and tbh they just looked like standard 10 spokes with a layer of brake dust on the spokes.
    I love them. Always been a fan of the darkened aluminium/titanium look. Those, the 19" RS4 wheels(4700 euro is why not), and the wheels in the new irish audi accessories manual (15-spoke (didnt ask price!)) are my favourite.
    BTW - it is a 'manual' gearbox, but with computer and manual control.... I don't know how much extra they're asking for it...
    First of all its what the computer does with it that will bother me. Second its a lot of cash. Thirdly I have enough "automatics" in the workplace. I need more hands on tactile interaction to keep me awake in my trip home!
    Cya on the TT forum btw. Its the only thing that kept me sane while I was waiting for mine!
    I'm already being driven nuts. I havent even made it back to gloomy ireland yet!

Advertisement