Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Estate 1.6 'Collection' 2005

Options
  • 15-08-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can someone help a very green second-hand car buyer? I've tried googling, but still can't find out the origin of the 'Collection' model. We're looking at one, €13,995. Doesn't have AC. Waiting to hear if it has ABS. Thought these would have been standard on a decent 2005 model. Think they are on the LX. The 'Studio' is the entry model. Anyone know if this is equivalent to the 'Collection'? Sorry for the dumb questions, and many thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Collection is a trim level. A local "special" between LX and Zetec.

They all have abs afaik.

p.s. You cannot buy a Zetec estate in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Focus introduced in 2005 was not available in Collection format, as far as I know, and the Estate certainly was never available in anything other than LX trim in Ireland, whether its the old Focus or new Focus.

The Focus has had ABS for years on Ghia models(not sure about other Focuses), and its mandatory for all 2005 model year cars(and cars subsequent to this), irrespective of what car it is.

Oh, by the way, theres no such thing as a 'Studio' model in Ireland. LX is the basic model.(there was a freedom model, but as this didnt even have central locking or electric windows, it is hard to find, and for good reason too)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

E92 wrote:
    The Focus introduced in 2005 was not available in Collection format, as far as I know, and the Estate certainly was never available in anything other than LX trim in Ireland, whether its the old Focus or new Focus.

The Focus has had ABS for years on Ghia models(not sure about other Focuses), and its mandatory for all 2005 model year cars(and cars subsequent to this), irrespective of what car it is.

So what would you make of the fact that this 2005 estate is being advertised as a Collection model? It's an early 2005 model.

Thanks to yourself and Henry for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Focus has ABS as standard since late 2003, early 2004 as it was an EU directive that all new cars have ABS fitted as standard.

Is the car you are looking at a MkI (old model) or MkII Focus (new model). All MkII Focus definately have ABS.

Wasn't the "Studio" model a UK model similar to the basic "Freedom" sold here?

The collection model had things like a sunroof and alloy wheels, and a fancier looking dash as far as I remember, plus different seat designs to the LX I think.

It is possible that such a model existed as an Estate,but I only remember the Collection model being sold as a hatchback.

And if you're going for a 2005 car, surley you should look at the new Focus, though the old Focus is still a great car even today, its certainly a lot more interesting to look at than the new one.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote:
    The collection model had things like a sunroof and alloy wheels, and a fancier looking dash as far as I remember, plus different seat designs to the LX I think.

It is possible that such a model existed as an Estate,but I only remember the Collection model being sold as a hatchback.

And if you're going for a 2005 car, surley you should look at the new Focus, though the old Focus is still a great car even today, its certainly a lot more interesting to look at than the new one.

Well this doesn't have a sunroof or alloys. The dash is certainly fancier, the CD/radio is integrated into the dash. A bummer really as makes it more difficult to replace it with an mp3/cd player. I don't know if this dash indicates it as a Collection, or a MKI or MKII. What differentiates a MKI from a MKII? It was registered Feb 2005.

Would love a new Focus, but money dictates and 2005 is as far as we can stretch right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Slutboy wrote:
    Well this doesn't have a sunroof or alloys. The dash is certainly fancier, the CD/radio is integrated into the dash. A bummer really as makes it more difficult to replace it with an mp3/cd player. I don't know if this dash indicates it as a Collection, or a MKI or MKII. What differentiates a MKI from a MKII? It was registered Feb 2005.

Would love a new Focus, but money dictates and 2005 is as far as we can stretch right now.

This the 1998 - 2005 MkI Ford Focus estate:
    autosportsFocSil598.jpg

This is the 2005 - present MkII Ford Focus estate:
    gcautosFocSil704.jpg

Thanks for that Bazz. It's a MK2 we're looking at then...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The collection was only offered in the hatchback in the first generation Focus. It was based on the Zetec, and added stuff like leccy sunroof, different alloys, rear spoiler, stainless grill, red/green seat colours. I know, because I owned one!!
    I don't recall them doing a "collection" in the current (mkII) Focus.

Sorry slutboy when I said the new Focus, I meant the Mk2 Focus. When I said the 'old' Focus, I meant the Mk1 Focus.
    Its definately not a collection model then. LX is definately the only spec in the Mk 2 Focus estate in Ireland. And it definately does have ABS brakes too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement