Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

last.fm music streaming for free

• 15-08-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd say an application I use for streaming music, it's called last.fm, http://www.last.fm, you download and install their application and create profile.
    You then can stream endless music by genre or whatever. If you search for your favourite band for instance it's stream music non-stop in that genre, you get to hear all sorts of stuff.
    i think this is all possible because they provide a link to where you can by the music from, so it's type of music advertising.
    Enjoy.
    :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ya i use last.fm too, i think there are a few people from boards on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah it's good alright. I never use it to stream music though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, tis great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Yeah it's good alright. I never use it to stream music though.

Do you just use it to search for music to buy then or what, the streaming would appear like the best asset of this site!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Do you just use it to search for music to buy then or what, the streaming would appear like the best asset of this site!:eek:

Well obviously I use it to record the music that I listen to when I'm home, and hence check out the recommended artists in the dashboard. It recommends bands based on what you listen to and compares it to other people that have a similar taste in music but listen to other bands as well.That's what I like about it anyway, you'll discover bands that you might not otherwise.

Edit: check my sig for my last.fm page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Last.fm is a good site for recommendations and streaming music my profile's in my sig aswell

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pretty handy for upcoming gigs too.

Excellent my friends my username is also the same on boards and last.fm.

Unfortunately we have a low compatability in music tastes so far, we'll wait and see after some more plays maybe it will even out.:)

Good to see more people are using this site, seems like a great idea to me and I haven't utilized it's full potential yet from what fello users say, I must try the radio widget thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Awh, I absolutely love Last.fm. And it's free! :D I remember before they brought in the dashboard and random recommendations they'd reccommend stuff based on your plays and taste (with a little graph thing of compatibility <3). I discovered some great new bands that way. I love the generated album quilt and charts etc.

Only wish I had something like that when I was a teen. Except we had CD players back then... Music was the be all and end all for me back then, and all my metal n rock phases. Would have been cool alright... :cool:

Wish I had Bebo back then too actually. Or even a camera for that matter. *end nostalgia*

• Advertisement

Cds you must be a youngster then, TDK tapes now we're talking.:D

Good site alright, album quilt eh, some more playing to be done with it, let's hope it stays free.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Gotta love the Desktop wallpaper generator too (click).

It makes it from album art data that you scrobbled, very neat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I use it too (see sig), mainly for scrobbling but the streaming is handy when I'm not using my own laptop, and I need some tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

excellent bit of software, cant recommend it enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I use it for scrobbing purposes. Its pretty good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

what is scrobbing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Preferred the good old Audioscrobbler. Still use it but rarely check the site these days. It seems to be more bloated each time I go to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Deezer.com is excellent for streaming music, too.

Advertisement