Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish American Football fans -fantasy league with nfl.com

Options
  • 15-08-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Just created a league in nfl.com/fantasy for anyone that wants to join. (other yahoo league is full but members of that league are welcome.)

League name is "Irish American Football Fans"(Same as last year)
    password is "playoffs" without the quotes.

look forward to taking you on:D

P.S. Currently draft time is around 8pm 24th August

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Signed up there, my team is Paulie's Players V2.0...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Wev'e only got 5 at the moment, anymore want to join?

http://freemeeting.6.football.nfl.com/meeting/view-league/225481 is the link I think once you have created an account

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'll join up tomorrow (can't in work and heading out tonight...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

im in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm in!

Let the trash talking begin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

change the draft date and i will join. I cant gurantee to be around on friday night.

The draft is on a Friday night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just realised I can't join it as I'm in another one. Won't be setting up a new account for this...

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Just copied this from the league page:

LEAGUE SUMMARY
    League Name Irish American Football Fans
    League Type Private
    Draft Date August 25, 2007, 3:15 PM ET
    Draft Style Live Draft
    Member Count 9 of 12 needed to draft - more info

We are ET+5hrs, so that means the draft is on Saturday night at 8.15pm, as August 25th is next Saturday.

We do need a few more players though.

Dodge wrote:
    Just realised I can't join it as I'm in another one. Won't be setting up a new account for this...

I have 3 going in my NFL.com account the 1 account can play up to 10 Fantasys at any one time

i got my cousin to join too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

heading to join up now.

<3 the new NFL.com, btw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

heading to join up now.

<3 the new NFL.com, btw

<3?? This mean good? (sorry, not great with all the l33t speak and stuff)

yes, its supposed to be a sideways heart.

It filled up on Sunday
    List of Teams:
    Murderers Maulers
    Louth Hamsters
    Warm Muffins
    Rathbawn Drivers 2007
    Bell Curve Outliers
    Outlaws Football
    culloty
    The Tribesmen
    Paulie's Players V2.0
    The Annihilators
    Irish Patriots
    Foam's Heros

any idea what the draft order is?

evil_seed wrote:
    any idea what the draft order is?

According to the website "DRAFT - ORDER (Live)

The order of the draft will be randomly generated between midnight and 6:00 AM ET either the day of, or the day before, the draft (if your league has the mandatory number of owners as of 48 hours prior to your scheduled draft date, the draft order will be generated at that point............... Once the draft order has been generated, it can be viewed by clicking on League Home, Rules."

brav wrote:
    Bell Curve Outliers

Are there any subs out there looking for a spot? I will probably have to withdraw. It's my youngest's birthday tomorrow and there are plans (that don't involve drafts). Sorry for the late notice. If it was any other night...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

It's approaching the deadline to make any changes. Careful. Even if there is a replacement lined up to fill your spot it may automatically dissolve the league if it's past the cut off. One option is to set up your Rank list of players and it will draft for you according to your list ... as with an automated draft. The disadvantage is that you won't be able to react to what others are doing.

I usually set up the rank list anyway, just in case I miss the draft.

when I do pick live, sometimes I dont know who to pick and the 90second timeout kicks in and they pick it for me anyway!

brav wrote:
    I usually set up the rank list anyway, just in case I miss the draft.

OK this is what I will do. Thanks for the heads up. No live draft for me, but at least I'll get to kick your asses during the season. :p

1 The Annihilators
    2 Outlaws Football
    3 Warm Muffins
    4 Rathbawn Drivers 2007
    5 Murderers Maulers
    6 Bell Curve Outliers
    7 Paulie's Players V2.0
    8 The Tribesmen
    9 Louth Hamsters
    10 Irish Patriots
    11 culloty
    12 Foam's Heros

Damn! I was hoping since i was first to join, I might have 1st pickings :(

Good news is you'll get two Top 15 players since the second round is in reverse order.

My logo

Lirange wrote:
    Good news is you'll get two Top 15 players since the second round is in reverse order.

My logo

At least that means Rex Grossman and Brodie Croyle will still be on the board then, oh and JaMarcus Russell as well :rolleyes:

I dropped Rex to #600 in my rankings. Since there will only be 168 players drafted I think I'm in the clear. ;)

Question re: bye weeks and points carrrying over.

It states this: "The commissioner can do this with our Adjust Scoring feature (found at the bottom of the Scoreboard page). The team with the bye week player should leave him active. Then the commissioner can adjust that player's points for the week by manually entering the prior week's total."

The commissioner is NFL.com or is that Eoin?

That will make things less complicated for teams with only one TE or only one Kicker. Also some teams have two WRs with the same bye week and will only be able to replace one of them that week (three in the starting lineup).

Lirange wrote:
    Question re: bye weeks and points carrrying over.

It states this: "The commissioner can do this with our Adjust Scoring feature (found at the bottom of the Scoreboard page). The team with the bye week player should leave him active. Then the commissioner can adjust that player's points for the week by manually entering the prior week's total."

The commissioner is NFL.com or is that Eoin?

That will make things less complicated for teams with only one TE or only one Kicker. Also some teams have two WRs with the same bye week and will only be able to replace one of them that week (three in the starting lineup).

Thats seems a bit unfair, in that it suits teams that didn't draft enough cover for some positions. But hey I'd quite happy when Tomlinson/Jackson/Johnson/Gore/Alexander/Manning/Addai/Bush or whatever other top player has a bye week to have his previous weeks score credited instead of substituting him with another player. Anyone with just one kicker or TE should have to deal with it, With only 12 teams in our league and with 32 teams in the NFL, there are plenty of free agent kickers that can be signed to cover and with most NFL teams having 2-3 TEs, there are plenty of them to spare. If the problem is that you don't want to drop any of your drafted players to make room for a TE/KK to cover a bye week, then that should be your tough luck, only 9 of your 14 players are active in any week, so you should be able to find someone that you can do without or just leave the inactive player in place and suffer the loss of a few points.

If the top players remain injury free and in form, its a fair bet that many of them will stay in their teams' fantasy lineups every week, which means that many of the reserves may never be used, so why not trade/waive your weakest reserve player and use the roster spot for an emergency TE/KK. The bye weeks don't start till the season is well underway, by which time you should know who is playing well and who is not, making the decision easier.

If what you are suggesting was allowed, then you wouldn't need a reserve in any position. Covering for bye weeks is part of the game.

• Advertisement

That's fine. As long as everyone agrees. It's my fault for assuming and not asking before the draft. Generally, with the exception of defence pts carried. I've played fantasy the last 2 years (though not nfl.com) and this is what was done. It is very common. Reserves are seen as replacements for players not performing well and injuries not for bye week purposes.

Advertisement