Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish American Football fans -fantasy league with nfl.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

No reserves in this case covers all of the above Bye Week, Injury suspension or crap players. Dont use the point carry over system also who set it that we need two kickers I couldnt draft an extra WR made me pick two kickers.

If you have too many players missing due to bye week tough **** you should have thought of that before drafting them. If you use the points carry over anyone with the top players will wipe the floor due to bye weeks alone say LT scores 40 and is on a bye week the next week that player gets 40 which is BS.

Lirange wrote:
    I've played fantasy the last 2 years (though not nfl.com) and this is what was done. It is very common. purposes.

Its not very common in Fantasy have been playing for last 10 years and even for hard cash with Americans. The point carry over system in my opinion is there as a cop out and lazy ass approach to finding the real deal on the free agency to cover all the problems. Lets play like real men and not use the point carry over system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

If you have too many players missing due to bye week tough **** you should have thought of that before drafting them.
    Hold on ... what is with the venom coming my way?

As of pre-draft earlier today I thought this was how fantasy leagues were run. I was surprised to find out after the draft that such a mechanism was not default policy and that it had to be set. Obviously not. I know that now. I acknowledged such in my above post.

Also, in my previous experience (yes I realise it counts for nought now) carry over was designated ahead of time so the person would not know the player's point total for the week prior to the bye. It doesn't work that way for our league. I accept that.

Keep in my mind I am confused and obviously not informed. I am not trying to gain an unfair advantage.

I'm not worried about losing a kicker for one week. That's the one position that I did not draft a reserve for and that won't hurt me much. It's the least valuable position and least injury prone. But looking over my roster what will hurt is that I have two of my three starting WRs with the same bye week and only one reserve WR ... so I will have to start two WRs rather than three. That is the biggest loss and one I will have to address with some moves. Also, I would point out that while bye weeks were given in the rank lists they were not provided in the draft room player lists. So unless I printed out the entire rank list or memorised all those receivers's bye weeks it would not have done me an ounce of good even I had known about the bye week policy ahead of time.

I could not open any other browser windows when I was in the draft room and it sounds like I wasn't the only one with this problem?

Lirange wrote:
    Hold on ... what is with the venom coming my way?

As of pre-draft earlier today I thought this was how fantasy leagues were run. I was surprised to find out after the draft that such a mechanism was not default policy and that it had to be set. Obviously not. I know that now. I acknowledged such in my above post.

Also, in my previous experience (yes I realise it counts for nought now) carry over was designated ahead of time so the person would not know the player's point total for the week prior to the bye. It doesn't work that way for our league. I accept that.

Keep in my mind I am confused and obviously not informed. I am not trying to gain an unfair advantage.

I'm not worried about losing a kicker for one week. That's the one position that I did not draft a reserve for and that won't hurt me much. It's the least valuable position and least injury prone. But looking over my roster what will hurt is that I have two of my three starting WRs with the same bye week and only one reserve WR ... so I will have to start two WRs rather than three. That is the biggest loss and one I will have to address with some moves. Also, I would point out that while bye weeks were given in the rank lists they were not provided in the draft room player lists. So unless I printed out the entire rank list or memorised all those receivers's bye weeks it would not have done me an ounce of good even I had known about the bye week policy ahead of time.

I could not open any other browser windows when I was in the draft room and it sounds like I wasn't the only one with this problem?

I wasnt sending Venom anyway just stating my opinion also if you have 3 players on bye week you may need to trade or find free agents to replace nobody is forcing you to leave one out you will do it by choice this is the tactics and skill involved of Fantasy football managing your team effectively. After all you make it too easy nobody would play.

I could open as many as I wanted best using firefox as IE doesnt know what to do when Java is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Yes as I mentioned it's left for me to address with roster moves. Some players not on the radar now will rise from obscurity over the course of the season.

I was using Firefox but the other browser windows would stall while the draft room was streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I used the same logo again, nothing wrong with it so why change it!
    irisheoin-irishpatriots-100x100.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what's this about points being carried over on bye weeks. doesnt that just take the skill out o the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

no the rules are standard, same as always.

also:
    nfl.com wrote:
    The Commissioner
    The Commissioner of a Fantasy Football league is responsible for coordinating and managing the league. NFL.com will serve as the Commissioner for all NFL.com Fantasy 2007Contest leagues (and will be responsible for resolving any disputes that arise regarding unbalanced trades, alleged rules violations or anything else.

Advertisement