Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any bodywork experts here?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get my front bumper plastic welded for a crack, carcraft say they can do this in situ, everyone else says bumper off and weld from behind?

variance in price 150 carcraft 450 anywhere else

anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Cyrus wrote:
    Need to get my front bumper plastic welded for a crack, carcraft say they can do this in situ, everyone else says bumper off and weld from behind?

variance in price 150 carcraft 450 anywhere else

anyone any ideas?

Get a s/h bumper, get it sprayed, and fit it.

Probably is unlikely to cost more than 450 and will be a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its a small 4" crack (literally a crack not a whole thro it) on a bmw mtec (genuine) front bumper for an e39, not a load of them laying about in scrap yards unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If carcraft can do the job and guarantee the work I'd go with that tbh, I'd be a bit concerned about the price though, being a panel beater and knowing what goes into the job, time and materials, it seems cheap or just maybe they appreciate a quality car and discount BMW's.;)

Advertisement