Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adverts.ie rss feeds getting mixed up

Options
  • 15-08-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

When i subscribe to adverts rss feeds - after some time they begin to get mixed up. You get eg. computer hardware items in the music equipment feeds etc. They come in blocks of 5 or 10 so its not individual posts being moved around. Have tried lots of different readers - opera, blogbridge, fastladder - it happens with all of them, so I presume its a problem with adverts.ie

I've tried the adverts support forum for this issue, without success.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭rowan

here's an example of what comes in - i'm only subscribed to one forum and i get all this

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Can you copy and paste the link you are using?

And what category are you subbing to?

I'll let Cloud know of this anyways.

ok thanks.
    I just use the rss icon off the main index. For music equipment for sale:

http://www.adverts.ie/rss.php?type=rss1&cat=16

I've subbed to various categories - mobiles, comp hw, music, general etc. It's been like this for months.
    Then in each rss reader I've tried subbing to only one category just to make sure its not the reader - but still, in comes posts from the wrong category.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

rowan wrote:
    ok thanks.
    I just use the rss icon off the main index. For music equipment for sale:

http://www.adverts.ie/rss.php?type=rss1&cat=16

I've subbed to various categories - mobiles, comp hw, music, general etc. It's been like this for months.
    Then in each rss reader I've tried subbing to only one category just to make sure its not the reader - but still, in comes posts from the wrong category.

Yeah seems to be an error on adverts, but seems to work now if I click the link in firefox

I'll be letting Cloud know of this anyways to see if its something to do with how many times it updates etc ;)

We will be using a new system in the future, so all these little bugs will be hopefully gone

just to say aswell that it doesn't always happen straight away... you might get correct posts for a day or two, then in comes a load of mixed up posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That's why I can't figure it out Rowan - every time I check it it looks fine, then I get these reports of broken feeds - :(:( - but we are aiming to upgrade to another system soon, then you will be able to have much more stable feeds...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I wonder is it a malformed URL - maybe the & is becoming a & or something and then you are getting all posts instead of just a specific category.

What I will try doing is dropping the type=rss1 or moving it to the end of the URL to see if that works...

Thanks Cloud...

Also would it be possible to have a link to each seller's feedback beside their name, ebay style, when they're selling an item?

There's a few dodgy people with negative feedback, and its not immediately obvious to potential buyers that the feedback function exists...

Advertisement