Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What editing software

• 15-08-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hello all,

We recently got a canon camcorder, which records Mini-dv. While away on hols we took some footage, which i'd like to download to my pc, and edit to remove some of the crap (shaky hands part), and add some new music too, while using some of the sound from the camcorder.

I've taken a look at the editing sticky and also tried to understand reviews online, but am not really the wiser. So what i'm hoping for is some straight forward guidance.

I'd like a basic video editing software .... what should I get?

Have seen reviews for ....
    Adobe Premiere Elements
    Sony Vegas
    Pinnacle Studio

Are there cheaper alternatives that would be just as good?

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

alowe wrote:
    Hello all,

We recently got a canon camcorder, which records Mini-dv. While away on hols we took some footage, which i'd like to download to my pc, and edit to remove some of the crap (shaky hands part), and add some new music too, while using some of the sound from the camcorder.

I've taken a look at the editing sticky and also tried to understand reviews online, but am not really the wiser. So what i'm hoping for is some straight forward guidance.

I'd like a basic video editing software .... what should I get?

Have seen reviews for ....
    Adobe Premiere Elements
    Sony Vegas
    Pinnacle Studio

Are there cheaper alternatives that would be just as good?

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

avid free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

decob wrote:
    avid free.

I've tried this. Excellent and user friendly. Picture-in-Picture and will author DVD also. A bargain.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyberlink-Power-Director-3/dp/B0002M4XWC

Make sure to read the reviews on the Amazon link.

Advertisement