Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding paperwork

Options
  • 15-08-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi All,

Getting married in year and a half,
    Can someone tell me what paperwork is required by the catholic church to get married in church
    birthcerts ? a licence? I have no idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

hi you should find all that info here.
    http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Have you approaced the priest in the parish you are marrying?
    He will basically tell you/do everything you need to do.

You'll need a baptismal cert, confirmation cert and a letter of freedom.
    http://www.gettingmarried.ie/pages/index.php

This is a great website our Priest recommended.
    It also has a REALLY handy 'booklet generator'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭CrazyNoob

Thanks Guys,

For the replies, was bit difficult for me to figure out
    moved into area so dont know the priest plus getting married down the country so local PP not actually marrying us.
    The links definately help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

You also need your olde local priest to fill out a prenup form with you. This basically involves him asking you questions about your faith etc and if your related to your future wife etc..

Go to church you go baptised in and get form
    Go to church you go confirmed in and get form
    Go to local church and get priest to fill out prenup.

Go to priest marrying you an give him the forms.

If the same church for the 3 forms above then its easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

CrazyNoob wrote:
    Thanks Guys,

For the replies, was bit difficult for me to figure out
    moved into area so dont know the priest plus getting married down the country so local PP not actually marrying us.
    The links definately help :)
    Have you got a priest to marry you? Most priests won't marry people from outside the parish and most parish priests won't travel outside the parish. Don't want to rain on your parade, but it happened to me. I had to get married in my parish church, because I couldn't get a priest to do it in the church I wanted. Ended up working out in the end, but just make sure you've got your priest!!!

• Advertisement

Yes we have priest to marry us,
    But he is coming across from the UK and the church is down the country, which we have permission from the local PP to use on that date,
    Its not till end of 08
    but obivoiusly need to get paper work and much of the running around to be done by us as we dont / cant have priest stepping us through the process as its not local priest or parish

Ps thanks JoeyJJ for the 3 steps of where I need to go to get the forms and whom to speak too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Actaully little different, i think you will have to give the forms to the parish priest in the church your getting married and he will put everything together but I could be wrong.

Since the law is changing too soon you will have to look after all your own paperwork soon another spanner in the works.

Speak to the parish priest in the church your getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We are getting priests who are not in the parish of the church that we are using to get married in.
    We still went to the PP of that parish (where the church is) and he sorted everything out for us - what we needed to get/do etc etc.

Have you talked to the PP of the parish you're getting married in yet?

spoke to the PP,
    So all sorted now

Thanks Guys

Advertisement