Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp4 to mp3

Options
  • 15-08-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how to change an mp4 file to an mp3. A guy i know wants to put songs on his myspace but they don't allow mp3. Don't ask how he got them as mp4.
    Will he have to get special software or can it be done anyway?

Thanks

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

You'll need an encoder. I use ImToohttp://www.imtoo.com/audio-encoder.html
    If the tracks are all under 5mins the trial version will do. Otherwise you'll need to buy it.
    There's probably some other free encoders to do this for you.
    I assume the guy uses Itunes, thats why they are MP4's. As I dont use it, I cant tell you if it will convert for you. I think as long as the files aren't protected, it will but don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

my sister had the same problem she bought something online (think it was for about $15) it converts all her mp4 songs to mp3

sorry can't remember name of website but if you search online you should something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Tell him to simply right-click the file he wants to convert in iTunes and select Convert Selection to MP3.

Also tell him to go to Preferences > Advanced > Importing and change Import Using: to "MP3 encoder" so he won't need to do this every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

i xilisoft cnvertor 6.. works absoulutly fine. its free though so u shud try and get a free version

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eoin1981

thanks for replies.

Eoin

• Advertisement
Advertisement