Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Dublin: The impossible dream?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there,

I know this topic has probably been done to death but does anyone have any advice on getting accomm in Dublin. I've heard all the horror stories (like it costs a grand a month so live in some dive in the suburbs with a rat for your pillow) but is it really too much to hope for to find a decent enough place?

I'll be starting a job there in October, working in the IFSC in a graduate trainee role. Would like to like somewhere on the Luas line maybe or the Dart and possibly serviced by the Nitelink. I'd have about 600e to spend a month on rent and would like somewhere reasonably nice to come home to after a long days work..Have heard there are nice apts in Smithfield which could be good?

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers,

Watermellon x
    Che

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Have you checked daft.ie? There's no way you'd get somewhere on your own for 600-ish but daft have house shares. 600 would well cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 watermellon

cheers.. yeah i meant 600 for a room in a place; so you think that would cover it? just gonna have a look on daft now, thanks!

PS is september a bad time to be looking for somewhere to rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

600+deposit600 = 1200 Euros to start with
    have a look in dublin 13 or dublin 5

both nice areas you shuld be able to find a place

Should be easier if you are a NON smoker

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

PS is september a bad time to be looking for somewhere to rent?
    Kinda. Lots of students will be returning to college. The flip side is a lot of students here for hte sumemr are going home. Best to start looking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

You should easily get a room somewhere for 600. I'm paying 400 for a double room in rathmines. Most of the people i know living nearby are paying between 450 & 550.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gilly04

hey i think were gona be in the same boat, im moving over from australia aswell in sept and i hope i can land a place aswell as a job, ive heared a few stories bout how hard it is to get a place! GOOD LUCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 watermellon

cheers for all the tips... gonna start ringing around a few places tonight.. best of luck with your own househunt gilly :D

Advertisement