Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caption '07

Options
  • 15-08-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

last weekend was the annual Caption comic con in Oxford - I wasn't going to post about it until I had my report written, some pictures posted and had a chance to read some of the comics I'd picked up but then I saw this video podcast from the event which features a cameo by our very own Overcooked! you go girl.

Pretty good event, thou due to a family thing I had to miss the sunday and the 24 minute comic jam - dang it.

Was worried about the whole no table thing as I'm use to running a table at cons but it was nice to run around and do loads of doodles [one of which someone offered me money for lol] and I still sold a decent amount.

You have to like/respect a con that lists 12.00 - Bar opens on its programe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

087_87.jpg

click on slurp girl for my caption report [blog is being a pain and won't let me log in so have posted it on LJ]

Also the wonderful mal's report over at the fallen angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Overcooked

i was so impressed with Caption. It's only my 3rd con, the other two being Dublin earlier this year and Bristol so I suppose i don't have much to compare it to. But the fact that it was solely focused on small press/individual artists was great. needless to say i was pretty nervous about selling my first mini-comic, especially when i saw the amazing work that the likes of Ztoical and others were doing. But people were very nice - nice enough to buy a few copies in fact - and all in all it was very interesting. i'd especially recommend Caption for anyone starting off, who doesn't have a huge body of work and isn't quite ready to invest in a table at a regular con. i'll definitely go again next year, and this time fly over the day before as it was a bit of a bummer arriving in the afternoon when the good workshops were over, and having to leave the next day before the good workshops got started...!

Advertisement