Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Games for Evenings In (20 to 40 year olds)

• 15-08-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’ve just bought an apartment and will be having evenings in in which small groups of guests will be invited. This will involve moderate drinking and non wild behaviour. I’m planning to buy a Trivial Pursuit board and a Pictionary set to act as entertainment. Can anyone recommend any other game ideas, be it a board game or something else that I haven’t thought of.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Personally I enjoy Jenga and a few beers myself. Gets really good after a couple of beers and peoples judgement starts to go.

Poker has become very popular, sets are cheap and its easy enough to learn how to play.

I've heard excellent things about "Cranium", never played it myself. Its available in most toy stores and in argos too I think.

Edit - Those DVD games of movie quizzes and the like can be good too. Just keep in mind they only have a lmited number of questions so they have a very limited replay value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Monopoly, maybe one of those DVD games (like SceneIt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Thanks for the replies.

I put up this request thread on the Bargain Alerts forum for value for money places to buy such games. Thought you might find the responses of interest. (If you have any suggestions for the thread itself, feel free to ad to it. Thanks Again)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055136801

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Taboo is excellent for that sort of gathering.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Avoid any of the DVD games - the industry expected them to be a big hit but they simply did not take off. Primary reason is because board games are more about interaction between poeple and as such having television pictures took away from the enjoyment. Thus most dvd board games are no longer produced.

Our list of games for Adults are at http://www.giftmaster.ie/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=39&cat=Games+%26+Puzzles

Prices will be the same as the major stores & put boards in the coupon box and there's an extra 10% off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

cluedo ! but alcomohol = confusion !

DO NOT TRY BIBLE CHARADES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Have you ever tried a murder mystery game? One that you all become a character! They are really great fun! I bought a game/script on ebay and you can play them with as little as 6 people. They can be very funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

I know its a bit cheesey :D but the Mr & Mrs dvd game is good fun, its mainly aimed tho at couples, triv prusuit dvd is good alright also, as well if some one had buzz that they could lend you for play station if u had access to it, that is good also oh and another one is cranium, board game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My favorite party games are the old chestnuts the post-it game and the consequences. They are free too! With the post-it game (steal the post-it notes from work if you can!) everybody gets the name of a famous person/character stuck on their forehead. Just don't let the person see the name on their post-it, but everyone else can see it. Then everyone takes it in turns to ask yes/no questions to try and work out who the person on their forehead is.So questions like, am I alive, am i a man etc It's very funny if you think of good people, e.g. Adolf Hitler, B.A Baraccas. the tooth fairy.

With consequences everybody is given a piece of paper and a pen. Everybody writes down a boys name (can be real/fictional) folds the top of the paper down so you can't see what's written on it and passes it to the left so everybody has a different piece of paper then they started with. Then everybody writes down a girl's name and folds the top over and passes it on. This continues with: where they met
    what he said
    what she said
    and the consequnces.

At the end you take it in turns to read out a complete story with a line written by everybody. It's very funny if you have creative friends!

Advertisement