Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative GPS loader for N95

• 15-08-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi. I have recently got a Nokia N95 on o2, mainly for the GPS. The maps are ok(ish), but the roads around me have no names on them. on my uncles Garmin all the roads are named, addresses can be searched, but with the N95, all I get is "no result found", even with the help of WiFi, when I search a nearby address. Also, today I went into town looking at Points of Interest(just curious), surprised how little there was, and how they where in incorrect places, significantly(at least 1/2 mile out). Can anyone point me in the direction of another GPS program for the N95, that is accurate, has roads named(outside towns), many points of interest(that are more exact than nokias loader), no need to connect to GPRS, and has voice navigation. I hear Route 66 is good, can anyone comment on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,
    Padddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep route66 is the one, dunno if it works with internal gps yet

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

I have heard people using it, but Route 66 staff told me theres a small glitch, didnt tell me what though. Cyrus, can you tell me if I am doing anything wrong that I am not getting road names up, and not getting many PoIs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah, you are using the inbuilt maps which suck :(

route66 uses nacteq, has 99.5% of ireland mapped :)

oh and you fill find the inbuilt gps isnt all that good a decent ext bluetooth sirfstar one will be much better, one of the reasons the n95 is one of the first nokia symbian phones i didnt buy, stuck with an e61i and an ext gps instead :)

i know the nokia map software as i have it on my phone aswell

The inbuilt GPS locator is grand, works 100% in the car(you have to start it before you move although, no hassle though). Finding your location takes seconds, tracking keeps up with you, maps are...terrible though... I tried Amaze GPS, great although you need a constant GPRS connection, I tried it for a few secs yesterday, €2 gone. Dear. Good program though. Will look into Route 66, looks good. Bit disappointed with Nokia maps though.
    So anyone who has Route 66 on their N95 please tell me what its like.
    Thanks,
    Paddy

Anyone??? Please???:confused:

• Advertisement

Please?! Anyone!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

have a google. plenty of folks use route 66, there was some issues with the symbian files having to be "signed" by the company but provided you get it from the compaany themselves you wont have any issues

Have tried google, only prob is, all these programs only support external bluetooth GPS, N95 is the first internal GPS, and all the programs have problems locating it. Have heard people using Route 66, I would like someone to say does it locate the internal GPS, and whats it like. Thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

pjjk90 wrote: »
    Hi. I have recently got a Nokia N95 on o2, mainly for the GPS. The maps are ok(ish), but the roads around me have no names on them. on my uncles Garmin all the roads are named, addresses can be searched, but with the N95, all I get is "no result found", even with the help of WiFi, when I search a nearby address. Also, today I went into town looking at Points of Interest(just curious), surprised how little there was, and how they where in incorrect places, significantly(at least 1/2 mile out). Can anyone point me in the direction of another GPS program for the N95, that is accurate, has roads named(outside towns), many points of interest(that are more exact than nokias loader), no need to connect to GPRS, and has voice navigation. I hear Route 66 is good, can anyone comment on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,
    Padddy

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=156722

garmin mobile xt maps! navteq also!!

Advertisement