Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed,

• 15-08-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I need some ideas on what to wear for the afters at a wedding I`m going to in the next few weeks.

It need to be semi-formal. I haven`t been shopping in aaggessss and | hate doing so with a dead line over me so does anyone have any ideas?.

I`m female, in my early twenties 5 ft 6in tall with a curvy figure.

Thank you all!.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

do you like wearing dresses?

A plain dress with bright accessories could look nice...

[URL=http://www.toast.co.uk/stormsites/toast/images/products/large/C1B5I_navyivory.jpg?lc=en-GB&lv=2[/url]"nice dress[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Jeez semi formal - I hate when that is put on something as it is really awkward. It depends what you would usually wear. Me I would wear a dress but make sure its not too formal.

What would you usually wear on a night out? Because that's what I always consider as semi-formal! As long obviously as it isn't a mini skirt up to your ass or a see through top or something :D Might be a bit too informal ;)

Edit---If you do like dresses and have a curvey figure - they have a nice black satin dress in a wear - its got thick straps, v neck and a A line shape for the bottom half. Also saw another one passing sasha today which is black or wine, balcony style neck line and floaty bottom half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

don't think you can wrong getting a black dress and accessory it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`ll check that out boffin, sounds v. promising. The only skirts/dresses (don`t own one!) are A line as that is what suits my shape.

Now, what shoes?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I would keep it simple and go with black shoes as its easier -I saw a nice pair in dunnes that are black satin with a wedge heel the other day. Perfect if you are not use to wearing heels or if you might be standing around for a while! Also if you'll be standing around go purchase a pair of party feet in boots to put in the shoes so they won't get sore!!

• Advertisement

Cooley booley.

Fits, link won`t work but I`m sure the dress is lovely.

it should work now. ITs only a simple thing really. From toast online.

Lovely looking dress.

I spent about 5 hours trawling thru Dundrum, couldn`t find a thing!. Sis rang and offered to come in, hour later and I was sorted (better eye than I). So I now have a lovely top and absolutely gorgeous skirt.

Good good, glad you got sorted...

• Advertisement
Advertisement