Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college next! but where to live?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

to say im glad the leaving is over is like saying i find hot needles in my eyeballs mildly annoying! what an understatement. Anyway I reckon im gonna end up in trinity or dcu and theres no flippin way im staying at home with the parents, so i started looking round the net for accommodation. Rent is expensive! looks like i might have to get 2 jobs to live away from home at this rate. Anyway i was looking round like i said and thought id give impressions on the websites out there

daft.ie
    well this seems to be the big one, definitely has the most selection, dont know about the rest of the country, but daft is pretty good for dublin at least. after looking through the prices it looks like renting my own place is outta the question. seems like average price for a 2 bed apartment is 1300 quid!! sharing is the way to go just hope dont end up with a bunch of weirdos though, though it might be interesting!

bobo.ie
    this is a strange one. i saw a poster ad for it around dcu, but it doesnt seem listed on google. but once you type in the address www.bobo.ie it works. its okay, less ads than daft, nobody seems to put up pictures with their ads either. has the feel of just starting up

let.ie
    same as bobo website, not as many ads as daft. saw a funny ad where a girl was looking to live with a "very effeminate guy".

anyway between the 3 of those websites it shouldnt be too hrd to find a place. can always rely on ads around college but i want to get sorted before college starts. Theres nother good few websites outhere as well, so if anyone has any opinions on the best way to find place to live please post :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

What do you expect? Its bloody Dublin and the southside at that. Of course its bloody expensive. Also people if you havent got accomadation yet, then get a move on because the rush is about to start bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

You can stay in my gaff if you want;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

And what will happen there Karma? ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Who knows?

Advertisement