Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox turk 33east

• 15-08-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Can anyone pick this up in west of ireland? i cant pick it up with technomate 1500cis 1.1m dish? is it a technomate problem with the low symbol rate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I can sort of get it with an 80cm dish in Laois but the signal keeps breakin up and i think it may also be dependent on weather. Im guessing you want it for the football like me. I tried to watch some of the man utd v reading match but the signal became too bad and the picture kept breaking up. I can get other channels on this satellite with a great signal but not foxturk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Give it a try on Turksat 42E, its on the West beam so you stand a reasonable chance even in the west.
    On 33E Foxturk is on Spot A+D which Lyngsat doesnt map but only Spot B seems to come anywhere near here so its probably channels on this beam you are picking up well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

they dont show matches on the 42e west beam (probably thanks to sky!)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Spot B comes in allright, not a sight of Spot A-D though.
    There's a testcard on 11648v 8928 1/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

Hi Snaps,

In your area a bigger dish would be a big help for this sat. I'm also using a Technomate (1500CI+ Super) and I get Fox Turk on 33E using a 1M dish here in north Meath. Quality is about 66/67% which is OK unless the rain is heavy.

The quality dropped to almost unwatchable for the Portsmouth v Bolton game at 12.45 today but the Fulham v M'boro game on now is perfect.

On the question of symbol rates on the Technomate, you should be all right with very low ones but very high SR's are a problem.

Technomate state in their manual that the box can handle SR's up to 45MS/s but if I go round to 53E and try transponder 11.044 V 44951, I get good signal quality but no picture. I have no problem getting the lower SR channels on the other TP's on this satellite.

My old Lidl SilverCrest SL65 was supposedly not able to handle SR's over 35MS/s but it never failed to get everything available on 11.044 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i normally get it no probglem on a 1m dish in santry but with the rain today there was no picture at 3pm. is back perfect now. time to get a bigger dish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

No lock on a 1.2M down south either. There's a fairly sharp fall off in signal strength going west. Looks like a bare minimum of at least 1.4/1.5M required for here.

33hy.JPG

eb_d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks lads for your replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

So is it worth replacing my 80cm dish with a 1m dish? I am based in Naas and have tried and failed misserably to get Fox Turk on 33east.

mj

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tjspock

here in n.kerry with tech 1500 and 1m dish not a peep so further south you go bigger the dish required:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Like i said in my OP, i have 1.1 with .2titanium lnb & not a sniff in Galway. Tried in good and bad weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The TP for Fox Turk seems quite weak compared to other ones. I can perfect signal for other channels on different TP with a 80cm dish but no signal at present for Fox Turk . Im in Laois. This channel is advertised for a premiership special on freesat but I dont think there dish would be big enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i was having problems with this channel yesterday on my humax 5400 so i tried my lidl sl65 and got perfect reception for the manu match. dont know if the sl65 tuner is better ir if the sr is too low for the humax to handle. very good quality picture compared with some others that are showing the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 troyblue

where are you and what size dish please?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

troyblue wrote:
    where are you and what size dish please?
    Read Post #7 ^^

Advertisement