Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest LC Subjects.

Options
  • 15-08-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Hitman

I've already decided to repeat my leaving:mad: but I want to do one or two relativley easy subjects from scratch as well as my existing ones. I know economics is very doable in a year but are there any other subjects that could be done in a year.
    I already did French, Accounting, Physics and Construction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I found phys/chem to be delightfully easy. Otherwise Geography is easy enough to get an honor in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Stick with Accounting anyway coz that won't change too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Classics can be done in a year but its tough. If your going to do it make sure you get a good teacher.

Classics can be done in a year but its tough. If your going to do it make sure you get a good teacher.

He wants easy subjects.

He wants easy subjects.

I refer you to his post my friend:
    I've already decided to repeat my leaving but I want to do one or two relativley easy subjects from scratch as well as my existing ones. I know economics is very doable in a year but are there any other subjects that could be done in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Agscience
    Art can be done in a year but is a bit dodgy points wise sometimes

Evidence for the defense! As you can see you are in direct violation of Article I (known as the relatively easy Article) of the OP. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Hitman

Yeah I was just on examinations.ie and looked up classics and it doesn't really look like my kinda subject. Physics and Chem. looks ok but I never did Chem. The Physics part of it looks nice(compared to the actual physics LC exam!).
    Has anyone got suggestions on Relegious Education and Business?
    Is agscience actually easy? Like is there much theory to be learned or is there a good bit of practical work?
    (And yes guys I would help if they were some bit easy!!!!)

Chemistry is a breeze. Its like a watered down version of the LC course and since you already have good knowledge of the physics half well then it sounds good

Chemistry is a breeze. Its like a watered down version of the LC course and since you already have good knowledge of the physics half well then it sounds good

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind because Physics isn't my favourite subject but it aint bad and I presume half the theory isnt even in the course just like the chemistry part of it as opposed to the individual versions of the subjects.

• Advertisement

Also the amount of choice you get on the paper is ridiculous. Each half consists of 6 questions each and you only have to 3 of them and youre completely free to choose them. The first question is made of short questions out of which you only have to get 11 out of 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Hitman wrote:
    Yeah I was just on examinations.ie and looked up classics and it doesn't really look like my kinda subject. Physics and Chem. looks ok but I never did Chem. The Physics part of it looks nice(compared to the actual physics LC exam!).
    Note that you can't do Physics & Chemistry and Physics, or Physics & Chemistry and Chemistry, at the same sitting. Consider doing Chemistry alongside your Physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Biology.....defo easy Honours B if you have a good memory.

Business.....same as above.

Geography......erm...same as above.
    ============
    I got 245/300 between them...

If he repeats and doesnt use his physics result?

Thanks for that. I'll definately give it serious consideration. I really want to just get a fresh start this year because I really put in a dismal effort in my studies for various reasons and only got 370.
    I'd just like to find out about ag-science, Relegion and Business.
    Would you believe that accounting was the only business related subject in our school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Applied maths can definitely be done in a year, i did it in one year and got an a2 today. However, you would have to be fairly good at H maths to do it.

The Hitman wrote:
    Thanks for that. I'll definately give it serious consideration. I really want to just get a fresh start this year because I really put in a dismal effort in my studies for various reasons and only got 370.
    I'd just like to find out about ag-science, Relegion and Business.
    Would you believe that accounting was the only business related subject in our school.

Good luck! Dont be a stranger on these boards. Even if most of the people here atm will be gone by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Business is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Hitman wrote:
    I've already decided to repeat my leaving:mad: but I want to do one or two relativley easy subjects from scratch as well as my existing ones. I know economics is very doable in a year but are there any other subjects that could be done in a year.
    May I suggest doing the same subjects again? You've already been doing the subjects for 2 years and you are already familiar with their sylabii and exam format. I would spend the year working on how to improve and expand on your existing knowledge of them and learn how to use the system to your advantage in order to maximise your points.

If you pick up subjects from scratch, you will without a doubt be under pressure for the whole 9 months as you try familarise yourself not just with the new material, but also with the exam format! Also, you just need to look through the thread to see that many peoples opinions are divided when it comes to deciding on an easy subject. If you really want to pick an "easy" subject then I think you would be better off looking through the published reports and picking a subject which (statistically) the majority of students do better in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I did Business,Economics and Geography from scratch in one year at home. I wouldn't advise it but out of the eight subjects I took I found business the easiest.

I pressume it's nearly impossible to study a language like Japanese in a year. I don't know of any schools that teach it but if I were to repeat I would like to try Japanese. I've heard that 44% of people who took it this year got an A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

I would say that Accountacy is the easiest subject but that could just be because of the brilliant teacher that I had!

GDM wrote:
    I pressume it's nearly impossible to study a language like Japanese in a year. I don't know of any schools that teach it but if I were to repeat I would like to try Japanese. I've heard that 44% of people who took it this year got an A.

that's probably because about most of the people who do it come from Japanese backgrounds, and possibly are completely fluent in the language, well above leaving cert standard.

Its the same for all the "other" languages really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

Home Economics for definite, i get the feeling you're male and might find this a bit girly but when i repeated there were more fellas than girls doing it. it's interesting, not too taxing on the brain (especially if you do biology or business/accounting subjects), and if all else fails at least you'll know how to cook a lasagne when you finish school. Classical studies is tough enough though, only attempt if you're a history buff. I'd recommend not doing English when repeating. Best of luck with the year by the way. Trust me you will look back and realise it's the best thing you ever did education wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

Phys/Chem definitely,
    Not much on the course, as opposed to other subjects. you'd definitely be able to cover it fully in a year... no doubt!:rolleyes:

Yes im a fella alright but I dont find it girly at all. The only reason I didnt do it was because it clashed with physics on our option forms. It does look like an ok subject alright.(And I can already cook lasagne thank you!:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I spent 2 full days before my exam studying for Applied Maths and that was it. I managed a B1 in pass.

I found economics to be a completely unrewarding subject. I couldn't crack it properly after 2 years of decent enough work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

History(OL), studied 2 nights before the exam an got an A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

DingChavez wrote:
    Business is easy.
    Seconded. A lot of it's basic common sense, and if you know a few things like the Sales of Goods and Supplies Act, you're more or less guarenteed an honour anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

that's probably because about most of the people who do it come from Japanese backgrounds, and possibly are completely fluent in the language, well above leaving cert standard.
    Nah, it's cos all the Wapanese teens do it. They exhibit a scarily high level of devotion towards the country of Japan.....

</stereotyping> :p

• Advertisement

Evidence for the defense! As you can see you are in direct violation of Article I (known as the relatively easy Article) of the OP. :p

You are technically correct my boy, but if you allow me to rephrase myself: Doing Classics can be tough, but if you are good at history and English most people taking love it.

Yay! We're both right!

Advertisement