Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest LC Subjects.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Seconded. A lot of it's basic common sense, and if you know a few things like the Sales of Goods and Supplies Act, you're more or less guarenteed an honour anyway.

Oh yes Business is very easy. It was the subject I studied the least for coming up to the exams but I still got an A2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

business was a joke the year I sat it (1999) but it was the first year of the new syllabus and the sample paper was almost the exact same as the actual leaving cert paper!!! Just a memory test in fairness.

I would suggest Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

The Hitman wrote:
    I've already decided to repeat my leaving:mad: but I want to do one or two relativley easy subjects from scratch as well as my existing ones. I know economics is very doable in a year but are there any other subjects that could be done in a year.
    I already did French, Accounting, Physics and Construction.
    If you have a mixture of intelligence and good memory biology can be good.

Also, the papers can be fairly predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

You are technically correct my boy, but if you allow me to rephrase myself: Doing Classics can be tough, but if you are good at history and English most people taking love it.

Yay! We're both right!

Fine but youre paying my legal costs. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

If you can play an instrument and read music, do Music. Its a very easy subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Well to me there are three things to think about.

-the subject and the content/course
    -you're own abilities
    -the teacher

Firstly, obviously enough, some are more "doable" in a year then others. I mean you arent going to pick up a new language in a year,and tech drawing could be horrible, while business is heaven if you're willing just to learn a book off and vomit it onto a page. Ag Science had a rep for being piss easy in my school too. I took up business and biology in repeat, got an A2 and an A1. The A2 was just learn and repeat. The A1 was a mix of me realising i really liked biology, and having a great teacher. Read up/ask about the syllabuseses and subjects and narrow it down to the ones you think would be achievable for yourself.

Secondly play to your abilities. If you've got a good "mathsy" brain, do as many related things as you can. So take maths/physics/app maths and you could easily get close to 300 out of them. Likewise if you're good at bio, think about Ag. Science. Know your strengths. Say i dropped english like a stone. Partly due to i knew that it'd be easier for me to study up in Bio in one year and do as well if not better. Also however - there was the teacher. He was a complete cnut to put it mildly.

So teachers then. In my old school, if you were sharp you could pick what subjects just to do by who was teaching you. I had a savage physics teacher, she could have taught a fcuking amoeba about electromagnetism. Great maths/irish/bio teachers too. It shouldnt really determine whether you do a subject but it really matters all the same. Don't do something because the teacher is "sound" or "has a laugh" or anything like that (as the geography class my year found out to their detriment).

If you ask me getting a good solid leaving is one third natural smartitude, one third graft and one third knowing how to play the system.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

the subjects i did were geography, physics, biology and french.

geography is doable: you need to do a bit of learning,and you dont have much time in the exam but the material is relatively easy.you also have to do a report that is worth 20% so make sure you know what you're doing.

you've already done physics: if you spend another year at it things should become clearer and youd get a good mark.the thing about physics is that you do really need a good teacher.we had a useless teacher in 5th year,and a few peoople failed the OL paper.

i would not recommend biology: the course is ridiculously long.you wouldnt finish it in 2 years,never mind 1.so forget that.

you're never going to learn another language in one year,so stick with french if thats what youve already done.

i dont know much about other subjects but here are just a few thoughts:

are you good with your hands? there was a guy in our year who did OL maths/irish and wasnt very good at HL english. but he got 475 because he was really good at construction, engineering and tech drawing. these would be options to consider.

if you are good at learning stuff off, then business might be an option.it sounds ridiculously boring but its all just learning off.our school doesnt do economics or accounting,but they both seem to be fairly easy (although i may have heard wrong)

with art and music,it solely depends on whether or not you have a natural artistic ability.if you were good at art,surely you would have done it for LC???

home ec can be fairly tricky,from what ive heard its a lot harder than it looks.the written exam catches people for time.

history- everyone who does it seems to regret it.i'd stay away....

applied maths- if you dont really like physics or maths,then this is probably the worst possible idea.

dont know if any of this was any help whatsoever,but i've nothing better to do.and this can count as my good deed for the day....

Advertisement