Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using 3 phone as a modem not working so great anymore

• 15-08-2007 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Over the last few days my setup of having my bill pay 3 phone as a modem for my computer which uses one way satellite broadband has not being working to good.

I first suspected the satellite because my mobile connection seemed to be fine but when I switch to normal dial-up as my upload link for the satellite, everything worked ok and stayed working.

So the leaves the 3 phone as the cause of the problems. It seems the satallite phone don't want to talk to each other anymore.

I've not changed any settings regarding the phone connection, so I assume is something happening on 3's end thats causing the problem.

Anyone have any difficulties with mobile broadband either on the handset or using the phone as a modem lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I've been using my mobile broadband on my e65 and using the phone as a modem regulary the past few days. No problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I'm pretty sure that it is against the terms and conditions to use the phone in that manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bluefrog wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that it is against the terms and conditions to use the phone in that manner.
    it is indeed but if you ask customer care they'll tell you its not possible which it clearly is. i intend to continue doing it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Bluefrog wrote:

I think I'll use the phone in whatever damned way I please.

I don't see why 3 don't "like" people using their phones as modems. I pay for a certain amount of bandwidth per month. It makes no difference to them technically weather I use up that bandwidth by viewing websites on my phone or through my monitor.

The problem is I can't ring 3 up to try find a solution, as stated above, the idiots will tell me its not actually possible to use a phone as a modem. Despite the fact the software that came bundled with my phone has specific components to set up a network connection.

Hell, when installing the drivers for the phone, it installs all kinds of Ethernet emulators n' all.

Anyway. All I can hope for is that the problem will just go away as randomly as it came about.

Advertisement