Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Galway - advice wanted please :)

Options
  • 15-08-2007 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm moving to Galway city from Scotland at the start of September and need to find myself work. My gf assures me its not too hard to find standard full-time work in Galway, but its been a few years since she lived there so any advice or heads-ups on places advertising would be much appreciated. At this stage I can't afford to be too fussy though I'd prefer not to have to do catering ever again - my work experience background includes bar/cafe staff, bar/cafe supervisor, catering staff, 24-hour garage & am just finishing up my contract in the Music Library here - I'm adaptable and can take on random stuff though.
    Theres not much in the advertiser or on the websites I can find, and I've emailed redlight, mulligans, zhivago and the libraries with my cv, as well as medtronic.
    If anyone knows how to apply to Boston Scientific as well, that'd be great.
    Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hi there, I'm moving to Galway city from Scotland at the start of September and need to find myself work. My gf assures me its not too hard to find standard full-time work in Galway, but its been a few years since she lived there so any advice or heads-ups on places advertising would be much appreciated. At this stage I can't afford to be too fussy though I'd prefer not to have to do catering ever again - my work experience background includes bar/cafe staff, bar/cafe supervisor, catering staff, 24-hour garage & am just finishing up my contract in the Music Library here - I'm adaptable and can take on random stuff though.
    Theres not much in the advertiser or on the websites I can find, and I've emailed redlight, mulligans, zhivago and the libraries with my cv, as well as medtronic.
    If anyone knows how to apply to Boston Scientific as well, that'd be great.
    Cheers :D

It'll be easier gettin' any one of those positions you list, once you move over here.
    I know for Medtronic you'll be required to do some form of aptitude test[this is to make sure you're not some kinda psycho!!!!:D]. So you'd be better off based here lookin' for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

or check out the galway advertiser to have an idea of what's available at the moment. www.galwayadvertiser.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Don't expect to find a job straight away, galway's the hardest place to find a job in the country, in my experience anyways. You'll be arriving the same time as a lot of summer workers are going back to college or back to poland, so you'll be at a bit of an advantage, but it can still be a slog.

Advertisement