Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ciropractors

Options
  • 15-08-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone has any experience with chiropractors. I have been attending one in ballincollig now for over a year and its costing me a fortune. It has help somewhat but I don't know why I have to KEEP going back. it cost 40 euros a visit but today she said something about some extra adjustments and charged me 60 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

you will fins that once you consult one of these chappies, you can never get away from them!

Imagine getting someone to fix the washing machine and he saying that he'd call back every month to 'maintain' it.

I found one quite good for two visits, then I decided I was better. he did not and wanted me to come back on a monthly basis and was not prepared t ogive me areceipt for payments, made in cash, until the course of treatment was over!

After wathing the prime time incident, I resolved never to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Yeah but... surely not ALL of them are quacks? are if not how do I find a good one. I believe your right thought, that they make you come back again and again. I have spend almost 3,000 euros in my one. but when I stopped going to her my migrain got worse.. but dammit I cant keep going to her forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Another

Chiropractors.
    Unfortunately there is no good no evidence that it works (and I mean evidence, not anecdotes). Don't waste you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

gubby wrote:
    Yeah but... surely not ALL of them are quacks? are if not how do I find a good one. I believe your right thought, that they make you come back again and again. I have spend almost 3,000 euros in my one. but when I stopped going to her my migrain got worse.. but dammit I cant keep going to her forever
    Have you tried this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kathymae

I have attended Dr Virginia Cantillon. She practices at the Cork Chiropractic Clinic in Harley Court , Wilton and has been there for many years. I find her treatment very helpful, she is down to earth and does her best to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Unfortunately completely discredited and ‘on the run’ having been successfully sued in the US.
    funny turns out the risk is 1 in 5.85 million same as that with going to a GP and with a record of 1 death in 1200 using anti inflammatories long term and 1 death in 200 spinal surgeries I think I know who I would be going to ….

Another wrote:
    Chiropractors.
    Unfortunately there is no good no evidence that it works (and I mean evidence, not anecdotes). Don't waste you money.
    Of course you are right M8 there is no evidence, thats why some of the leading world healthcare economists including Pran Manga back the introduction of chiropractic without restriction and without going to a GP for referral into healthcare systems worldwide including Canada which the Irish government is trying to mimic and states that it would save billions – yes billions.

kathymae wrote:
    I have attended Dr Virginia Cantillon. She practices at the Cork Chiropractic Clinic in Harley Court , Wilton and has been there for many years. I find her treatment very helpful, she is down to earth and does her best to help you.

James Cosgrave Penrose Wharf got all the equipment (inc x-ray), is no bull****ter and is held in high regard by the neurologists etc in Cork check for him on www.chiropractic.ie

Advertisement