Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

star trek questions

• 15-08-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Whos the more powerful race as far as if they were to go to war against one another who would win in what order ,the romulans the klingons or the federation?

In what order you you put these ships as far as which is supposed to be more powerful and would win in a fight against the other?

Enterprise E
    The defiant
    The romulan warbird
    Klingon attack cruiser
    juanveron45 is online now Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

After the dominon war the klingons took heavy casualtys and as section 31 said, they would spend the next 10 years recovering from the way and not pose a threat to anyone, and in the final battle the romulan line collapsed and there flagship was destroyed, so currently

Federation
    Romulans
    Klingons

As for the ships

Enterprise E
    Warbird
    Defiant
    Klingon attack cruiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i would think defiant should be above Ent E, since its specifically a warship (fereration's first) and Ent E is an exporitory ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Yes but Enterprise E is also the most advanced ship in the fleet.

Federation
    Klingon
    Romulan

Though i would like to see a movie with a lot of battles in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Justice wrote:
    i would think defiant should be above Ent E, since its specifically a warship (fereration's first) and Ent E is an exporitory ship.

Have a look at the battle cene in First contact.The 1701-E dwarfs the Defiant. And while size doesn't always matter and the Defiant is a manoervable little ship, It's like putting a WW2 Fletcher Class destroyer up against an Iowa Class battleship

The Destroyer is faster, and more nimble, and has weapons aboard that can dripple and sink the battleship,but all the battleship needs is 1 good hit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

thanks for answering my questions, what about before the dominion war which race in order was more powerful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Before the Dominion War i'd go with the following:

Federation
    Romulans
    Klingons

Federation in first because they had been building up for a war with the Borg anyway, hence ships like the Enterprise E and Defiant.

Romulans second as they hadn't fought anyone and were militarily very strong due to a build up of forces and no direct challenge to that build up.

The Klingons third as they'd been involved in two major wars (Klingon Civil War and the invasion of Cardassia) as well as the minor scrap with the Federation.

** Militarily i'd put them on par with Romulans if it was a one on one scrap.

I think the klingons or the romulans... or both still have a problem with the breen and that would be a good story for a movuie because it advances the storylinbe so all the die hard fans love it and for the people who like battles there would be allot in a movie about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

What about the Cardassians? Were'nt they supposed to be uber powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

The Romulans always had the problem of having to deal with the Breen, I don't think they bothered the Klingons as much. That list is pretty accurate, both before and after the Dominion War, as is the list of ships. Depends on what class of Warbird and "Klingon attack cruiser" you're talking about, though... the D'deridex Warbird would surely have been upgraded since we first saw them in TNG by the time the Dominion war ended, but as for the Klingon ship... do you mean Vor'cha or Negh'var? The Vor'cha is the standard attack vessel, and is to all intents and purposes as powerful as the Enterprise-D. The Negh'var, on the other hand, is much more powerful.

And the Cardassians were never much of a threat when it came to actual ship-to-ship combat, as they are a race that prefers to hide in the shadows before attacking. They were, like the Ferengi at first, supposed to be a new villain introduced in TNG to replace the Klingons (since they became all warm and fuzzy as the Federation's new allies!) but the Borg filled that post in due order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

User45701 wrote:
    As for the ships

Enterprise E
    Warbird
    Defiant
    Klingon attack cruiser

Hmmm..... I think the Reman Warbird would whip all their asses....

• Advertisement

it would depend on the situtation, it would out manouver the warbird and destroy it, yes
    Klingon attack crusier would be destroyed yes
    Defiant? dont know i dont think it would surive
    Enterrpise e? no it only won for 2 reasons, 1 it had 2 other ships helping 2. they used a empaths abalitys to see through the scimitars cloak.

But you have to remember it has 32 torpedos and 52 disruptor banks primary and secondry shielding as well as the abality to fire while cloaked.

But think of its size, then think of the recources needed to built it, one would assume based on size and ship construction that you could build as many as 15-20 Voracha class attack crusiers out of the same ammout of recorurces and that would destroy the Scimitar so it all depsnds on how you look at it.

Advertisement