Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me out.

Options
  • 15-08-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Ok I just bought a new laptop with build in wireless. When I went to connect to my broadband connection it asked for a security key or catchphrase, where can I find this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

You wont be able to get it as such you will have to reset it.

You will need to connect the computer directly to a LAN port on the router then enter the internal page (check the manual for the address usually 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.1).

Once in there it should have a security section find the passphrase delete it and enter a new one you will remember.

Disconnect once you have updated the settings try connect wirelessly again enter you new passphrase when prompted and that should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

That depends on where it is!

For me, it's on a label on the underside of the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

I forgot to mention in my earlier post you may be asked for a loggin when accessing the router. This is usually
    Username = username
    Password = Password

But if that dosent work might need to check the manual

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Which ISP are you with?

Advertisement