Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elvis lives... (or, how I shot my monitor)

Options
  • 15-08-2007 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Had a little whoopsie today, and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. :rolleyes:

I decided to detail strip my CZ-75 TS and I figured that doing it at the computer desk would be as good a place as any, with plenty of light and detailed instructions on screen.

All went well until I started turning it around in my hands to have a closer look at the various internals. The Main Spring Plug (part #22, arrowed)
    partsva7.jpg
    was pushed up to release the magwell and was sitting cocked to one side under the pressure of the Main Spring (#21) when an errant finger managed to push it back into its normal position.
    Normally, this would be fine as that's where it's meant to be, but as I'd previously removed the Main Spring Plug Pin (#13) there was nothing to restrain it, so it departed at high velocity for parts unknown.

Here it is in all its glory-
    ed8b9624cf4.jpg

Anyhow, it ricochetted off the desk in front of me and proceeded directly (and with barely diminished enthusiasm) towards my 19" TFT monitor, to which it dealt a stout blow before rebounding over my head into the debris field that I have carefully accumulated over the years behind the office chair. :eek:

Readers in the Midlands who thought this afternoon that they heard a small girl scream somewhere in the distance, now know what that was all about. :D

Here's my monitor-
    ed8b9630el5.jpg

...and a close up of the point of impact-
    ed8b9628dt3.jpg

So, there you go, not quite as impressive as The King using a 9mm Beretta as an expedient TV remote, but a bit of a laugh nonetheless.

The damage isn't actually that obtrusive under most circumstances, so I'll be keeping the monitor for another while yet. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just goes to show that even an unloaded gun can be dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

That ll teach ya to do detail strips on a clean white sheet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭durandal01

Nice grouping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

durandal01 wrote:
    Nice grouping!
    Snake eyes! :D

If I could double tap that close together all the time, I'd be delighted. :rolleyes:

I love .22 rifles.. shag all moving parts to go doing that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

I concur! Not alot to go flying with cleaning a 22.

@Rovi, Did you manage to get the gun back together ok afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

SMERSH wrote:
    @Rovi, Did you manage to get the gun back together ok afterwards?
    Oh yeah, it's all back together and making noise again.

As a side benefit, the area behind the chair is now tidy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

just try stripping the trigger on a cz 452:o there's a tiny little ballbearing in there that i didnt no about till it vanished the wild blue yonder (i only look at instructions as a last resort):D

Advertisement