Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allofmp3.com boss acquitted

Options
  • 15-08-2007 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

"Kvasov always said he was within the law because the site paid part of its income to ROMS, a Russian organisation which collects and distributes fees for copyright holders.

The judge agreed with his defence."

"Although allofmp3.com has disappeared, another Russia-based discount music Web site, mp3sparks.com, has since emerged, also owned by MediaServices."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0815/internet.html

Has anybody here purchased any music from mp3sparks.com or allofmp3.com? I wouldn't download pirate mp3's but the above seems to be operating "barely" within the confines/loopholes of Russian law, making this practice legal. Any views???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

DonJose wrote:
    "Kvasov always said he was within the law because the site paid part of its income to ROMS, a Russian organisation which collects and distributes fees for copyright holders.

The judge agreed with his defence."

"Although allofmp3.com has disappeared, another Russia-based discount music Web site, mp3sparks.com, has since emerged, also owned by MediaServices."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0815/internet.html

Has anybody here purchased any music from mp3sparks.com or allofmp3.com? I wouldn't download pirate mp3's but the above seems to be operating "barely" within the confines/loopholes of Russian law, making this practice legal. Any views???

I got a fair few albums from allofmp3.com in the past - haven't used it in months though and I just found out that it was gone (I think I still had a few quid left in my balance aswell!! :mad:). As I understood it, the site was operating semi-legally. IRMA were kicking up a stink about it and ISPs like eircom agreed to block it on their end.

Sad to see it go but it had a good run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

allofmp3.com was good for obscure music and music that's difficult to find elsewhere. For instance, I got an album of Jewish wedding music off it.

Was also great for getting albums that you don't want to be seen buying in a shop (e.g. Futuresex/Lovesounds and Bread's first album)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I used allofmp 3foryears, it was great while iused it. I could chose any music i liked and thenlisten tot. I spent over a thousand dollers on it over the years. Neadless to say i have a very large music collection, which i spend hours listining to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

Ha! That Mp3sparks.com is AllofMp3 re-incarnated!

Exactly the same, even able to log in with my allofmp3 user ID!

Advertisement