Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

games tonight wed 15th(spoiler potential)

• 15-08-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

a good list of games tonight thought it might be worth a thread what with united and chelsea in action in the premiership and arsenal against prague,

so far all i know about the tv schedule is

arsenal vs. prague(setanta)
    wigan vs. boro(sky sports 2)

anything else on the box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

1-0 Man Utd. Tevez set up Scholes to thump it past David James.

Fulham 0-1 Bolton. Helguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

All the praise I've been giving Portsmouth's defence and they have some chap called Cranie playing for them. Where's the rest of their defence?

Lauren and Campbell both injured afaik.

Fulham 2-1 Bolton. Fulham goals from Healy and Smertin.

Birmingham 1-0 Sunderland. Paul McShane OG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

eirebhoy wrote:
    All the praise I've been giving Portsmouth's defence and they have some chap called Cranie playing for them. Where's the rest of their defence?
    Think you might have to change that signature of yours, Brown missed an absolute howler for Celtic earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Absolutley gutted for Paul McShane, hope it doesnt hurt his confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Bikey scores, Reading 1 - 0 Chelsea

Horrible mistake by Cech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

damnit he is on my fantasy team. reading 1-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Archimedes wrote:
    Bikey scores, Reading 1 - 0 Chelsea

Horrible mistake by Cech
    Inspired substitution from Coppell. Bikey replaces Duberry in the 29th minute, scores in the 30th!

Carvalho gone off injured, replaced by Glen Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

5 yellows in the first half of reading charlton, carvhalo off injured along with duberry... sounds fiesty!

former cork city striker roy o'donovan on the bench for sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Stokes, Daryl Murphy and Kieran Richardson all dropped from matchday squad by the Tinkerman! Roy O'Donovan on the bench, hopefully he'll get a run - the goal was supposed to be well against the run of play.

United all over Pompey in the first half. Campbell and Lauren both got injured in training this week. Harry has made two changes at the break, including unleashing Djimi Traore (Cranie off). Expect a complete turnaround :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well it's one each now, something must have worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This Wigan game is absolute shat.

Bunch of woeful players sliding round the pitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

god damnit I hate chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

choppers scores, blues 1 - 1 sunderland

c'mon united ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

zabbo wrote:
    This Wigan game is absolute shat.

Bunch of woeful players sliding round the pitch...

was just about to say the same thing

since when is football played in the air? kick it on the ground ffs! to me - to you football. its like watching the chuckle brothers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

F U C K

Ronaldo sent off, straight red for an elbow apparently. Just after Muntari was sent off. Disasterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

C. Ronaldo getting feisty and sticks the head on Richard Hughes

2129: RED CARD Manchester United
    Mayhem at Fratton Park as United wait for a corner. Cristiano Ronaldo butts Richard Hughes and is giving his marching orders after a dose of hadbags in the box involving pretty much one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Jaysus, feckin Chelsea. I was really rooting for Reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

poxy pompeh again!! fs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sunderland do it again 2-2 and Utd drop another 2 points

That Muntari fella has a crazy disciplinary record.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Are there highlights on TV tonight anywhere?

Oriel wrote:
    Are there highlights on TV tonight anywhere?

MOTD at 10.40 i think.

Football first is on Sky at 10:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sven is God! :D I think Citeh are going to be this years "surprise" package of course everyone will say how a UEFA spot is least that they should have got come May....Good to see Man Utd stumbling so soon, Chelsea look like they'll down to bare bones on Sunday.

Mike.

I'd say Terry will be fit by Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just watched sunderland on football first, because roy o'donovan made his debut, coming on for the last 20 on the right wing.

looked ok. he fouled colin doyle for the equaliser (both of them ended up on the floor after doyle saved chopra's free kick, roy held him down while stern john headed home. everyone in the ground seemed to see it except for the ref and linesman)

have to say didnt expect him to be getting a game so soon, but fair play roy kid!

• Advertisement

That was some save as well by Doyle when you see it in normal speed.

Johnson's goal for City was a gem. I just have a feeling by looking at him that he has a great career ahead of him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Is that an automatic 3 game ban for Ronaldo? I thought it was 1 for a red card?
    Here's hoping he gets 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mike65 wrote:
    Good to see Man Utd stumbling so soon
    last time they failed to win their first two games, was back in 1999, we all know how badly that season ended up for them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

My understanding is that its an automatice 3 match ban - unless he appeals and is successful. Also, something as serious as a headbutt could see an increased ban.

Did he actually head butt the lad? I only saw it once and it looked harsh to me......

I presume the "awful scenes" afterwards (the big mill!) will ensure a points decudtion for both teams :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sky Sports are saying he's facing a 3 games ban...not quite clear yet

It wasn't a serious headbutt in that contact wasn't that hard but he did make contact. Its weird a headbutt in the premier league is usually a 3 match ban where as if you do in a Junior league here in Ireland it's a years ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Roar wrote:
    just watched sunderland on football first, because roy o'donovan made his debut, coming on for the last 20 on the right wing.

looked ok. he fouled colin doyle for the equaliser (both of them ended up on the floor after doyle saved chopra's free kick, roy held him down while stern john headed home. everyone in the ground seemed to see it except for the ref and linesman)

have to say didnt expect him to be getting a game so soon, but fair play roy kid!

Wasn't he supposed to be loaned back to Cork for the rest of the season.

Chopra took his goal well, cushioned volley, gave the keeper no chance.

Colin Doyle looks like a good keeper too, great save just before the goal.

Good to see Stephen Hunt and Doyle combining well for Reading but I hope they don't run
    out of steam with such a small squad. Maybe they'll get a couple more players in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

sweetie wrote:
    Wasn't he supposed to be loaned back to Cork foir the rest of the season.
    Some FIFA Rule that Cork City forgot to read. I wonder if they actually have a copy of the rulebook in the office there at all.

Anyway, the rule states that a player cannot move from to one jurisdiction to another, then come back into the jurisdiction from whence he came, on loan, for six weeks.

Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Cremo wrote:
    last time they failed to win their first two games, was back in 1999, we all know how badly that season ended up for them ;)

hmm the 1999/2000 season they won the league and nothing else , although presumely you mean 1998 .

Advertisement