Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti's new case

• 15-08-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

tbc

keep it locked here! ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Intruiging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep, get ready for the maddest case mod ever. Feast your eyes on this gentlemen ;)

4ndm1yrmkjkmjjgmkdjk.jpg

nlk1mgzjc5jtdmnen00j.jpg

mkyd420e2mm2jimjzqng.jpg

wiymtj2nvqj21ye3iyni.jpg

Big thanks to garth_v for all the help. Took us close to 5 hours to measure up and design the whole case.

So far temps are 34c under load. and 28 at idle. Ill do a full build log tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Cardboard ftw

Lol at that :D

when ur metal case coming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Duct tape ftfw

Feck the metal cases man. These cardboard ones are the bomb. I think ill start selling them in flatpack ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That's actually f*cking GENIUS. Totally control the airflow. Man....I'm impressed. Not very portable mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

man, could you not get at least one decent photo of that iflash mini... does the text display actually work on it?

lol, i'm guessing this was built out of frustration waiting for that lian li to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Portability is over-rated.
    That's what you have a smartphone/pda/DS/n800/laptop for.

Real men play games on workstations.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote:
    man, could you not get at least one decent photo of that iflash mini... does the text display actually work on it?

lol, i'm guessing this was built out of frustration waiting for that lian li to arrive.

Gimem a break man, im using the camera on my w810i. Its not the best of things as i cant control apature or anything. And its the silverstone tj07 im getting, not another lian li.

Its not very portable, but the temps are amazing and its looks pretty funky too. I'm really worried about the temps on the NB, but because of the HSF im not gonna be able to mount a 40mm fan on it. But i might be okay with the silverstone case, as the back two fans blow air in and the top two remove the air. So there will be good airflow over the cpu,nb and ram.... I hope.

If not its back to the cardboard case ;)

Oh yeah, the leds work fine btw. Quite a funky looking fan, very quiet and it moves a fair bit of air. If only i could find that program that is able to change the text.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bet you laugh everytime you look at and think its really cool, I know I would :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice box :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stephen wrote:
    Nice box :D

*Points to the door* Get your coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Great idea for the first-time builder in that a cardboard case would rule out a possible short-circuit by a metal case!

Well done. Marks for effort :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Hunter S. Thompson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cool but not as 'cool' as the one I saw on either Guru3d or Notebookreview with a guy who had his made of Koka noodle cardboard packs all taped together. His motive : Mislead burglers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Next project: márla case

Rang Scan.co.uk my case arrived in stock today and they shipped it out right away. It will be here by tuesday at the latest.

Im gonna miss this cardboardbox :(

• Advertisement

you could insulate it with cardboard ?

or give ur new case to me so you can keep ur cardboard case ?

awhir wrote:
    you could insulate it with cardboard ?

or give ur new case to me so you can keep ur cardboard case ?

Funny guy :p

Advertisement