Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dodgy NCT?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I am about to buy a second hand car. I had the details checked on the cars ireland site. Everything looks ok, except acording to the info from cars ireland the NCT was due in april.
    The car has a cert that says it is valid until 12/08. Is this possible or should I walk away?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Check the car over ask to see the cert and ring the NCT office that issued if you worried about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

jonny24ie wrote:
    ring the NCT office

Good advice. Cars Ireland most likely have out dated info. But the NCTS will be able to confirm the last test date.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Yeah, I was thinking that might be the case. I think car tel and cars ireland get there info from the tax office in shannon, so they might have it wrong also. this could be a problem as the Guards use the same info!!

Is it possible to have your nct based on any date other that the registration of the car?

I really like the car and am worried that it is blinding my judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

All NCT's are dodgy. After spending 2 hours there today (Ballymun) the inconsistencies between lanes are shocking.

It's nonsense, but yours sounds particulary suspect, ring NCTS, for what it's worth, I'm not sure most of them can read.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

okmqaz42 wrote:
    Is it possible to have your nct based on any date other that the registration of the car?

I don't think so. The whole NCT thing revolves around the reg date. If you test it ahead of time it will last for 2 yrs plus the 'ahead' time although I'm sure there is a limit. If you test it after the date you will have 2 years minus the 'overdue' period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement