Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move a forum in the drop down menu?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all

I was wondering, is it possible to have a forum moved within the dropdown menu. I requested the archaeology forum and I do enjoy reading and posting on it, however there are a number of threads in each forum which could be better suited to the oposite. Also it might draw a bit more attention to both if Archaeology was a sub forum of History and Heritage.

Before anyone jumps in with the abolition of either forum, let me point out that Archaeology and History are violently different disiplines. While History is the study of the past and discussion of past events, Archaeology is a manual profession which studies the material remains of the past, these differences can be seen in the entirely different threads in each.

Would be more than willing to mod :p again!

Best Wishes
    G
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Like Grimes says - I might be simpler to merge History and Archaeology.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Grimes wrote:
    Hey all

I was wondering, is it possible to have a forum moved within the dropdown menu. I requested the archaeology forum and I do enjoy reading and posting on it, however there are a number of threads in each forum which could be better suited to the oposite. Also it might draw a bit more attention to both if Archaeology was a sub forum of History and Heritage.

Before anyone jumps in with the abolition of either forum, let me point out that Archaeology and History are violently different disiplines. While History is the study of the past and discussion of past events, Archaeology is a manual profession which studies the material remains of the past, these differences can be seen in the entirely different threads in each.

Would be more than willing to mod :p again!

Best Wishes
    G
    If you think a thread doesn't belong in a specific forum, use the report post function.

More often than not, the mod of the specific forum will reply and take the appropriate action.

As for merging both fourms, take it to the place you first suggested the archaeology forum.
    Feedback will only get you some cats.

Oh, wait. you used to be a mod. you know the drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Well, it isn't a science anyway.... :p

Advertisement