Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my TV says 'LOCKED' on screen and its unusable

• 15-08-2007 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi, would really love if someone could help with this. My sister has a Sharp 32inch TV, the ones that were out around 2002 i think..

Anyway, the kids were messing with the tv last week and seemed to have broke it. Whenever she turns on the TV, all thats on the screen is the word "LOCKED", and it wont let you change channels, and theres no picture on screen, none of the buttons have any effect on it.

And the other thing about it is that she cant find the remote control anywhere, the kids must have thrown it away or something..

Does anyone know what this means, or how to fix it??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah its a childproof feature to stop the buttons on the front of the tv from being used.
    Your best bet if you cannot find your remote is to get a one for all, or a replacement and use that to turn on the TV, then go into parental controls in the menu (depending on what button works that) and change whatever setting locks the tv buttons.

All in all, from what I know, you need your remote. Im not sure if there is any alternative way even by unplugging the tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

Spankeh wrote:
    Yeah its a childproof feature to stop the buttons on the front of the tv from being used.
    Your best bet if you cannot find your remote is to get a one for all, or a replacement and use that to turn on the TV, then go into parental controls in the menu (depending on what button works that) and change whatever setting locks the tv buttons.

All in all, from what I know, you need your remote. Im not sure if there is any alternative way even by unplugging the tv!

Thanks for replying. Yeah i had a feeling i would need the remote to fix this. I got a new remote with a sony RDR hdd-recorder, and i think it's universal, cause it can control my old sony tv, but i dont know if it will work on other tvs. I was kinda hoping there was some way of resetting the TV to default settings without the need for the remote..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, as buttons at the front have been locked, you will need the remote.

While the Sony RDR remote might be universal, it probably will only work the basic channel and volume changing.

As Spankeh said, get a One For All universal, they're usually the best and can access menus in most TV's.

Advertisement