Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car maintenance

Options
  • 16-08-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

ow often do you check the oil, water, coolant, tyre pressure etc or do u leave it to the mechanic when getting it serivced?

I just realised that i havent checked my oil in quite a while now, luckly i don't have a tspark engine!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I try to do it one every two weeks, that is oil and tyre pressure, check coolant maybe every month, ideally you should be checking your oil every time you refil and after a long drive on a motorway at high speed.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Water & oil should be checked every month or so. Tyre pressure every week or so. These items should be checked during routine servicing. However don't just rely on the regular servicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

usually once a week. get the car washed, check all the pressures, check oil, water, coolant levels. services on the dot at 6k intervals.

Advertisement