Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247NWG no DSL - no internet

Options
  • 16-08-2007 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Ok so i'm not very advanced with this stuff but i've got a Netopia 2247NWG from eircom after waiting an extra three weeks cus they messed up and forgot to send one.

It worked fine for a week but today i turn it on i get a power light, an eathernet light and no dsl. It's not a problem with the line because i've put in my old zyxel and it's flyin (hence the post).

Reset on the back of the router seems to do nothin at all and although the eathernet light flashes to signify it's talking to the pc, nothin when i try to get to the netopia default page 192.168.1.254

limited or no connectivity is a phrase thats haunting me.:rolleyes:
    any ideas on how i can fix it

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It may simply be broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

It may. Anyone else had trouble with these things that was fixable though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

have you done a "hard reset" through pinhole at back of router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Just to check. When you are doing the reset, are you just pressing it for a second or two? Most routers, this one in particular need it held in for 8 seconds. Until the Power light turns red/orange. Release it then.

Sorry if that sounds too obvious but better to say it then just presume.

Advertisement