Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

milsim paintball club

• 16-08-2007 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Howye folks

myself and a few mates are putting together a not for profit milsim paintball club. We plan to use only real action markers for combat scenario paintball matchs. 50 acres of forestry has been secured for use with the option to rent more if we need it. we have a deal organised a local gun smith to import the markers for a small fee as well as paintballs etc. If your interested in getting involved and are over 23 then drop us a email at milsimireland@hotmail.com.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sounds cool. I've been meaning to give paintball a go to see what it's like.

Any chance this 50 acre site can be used for airsoft as well? Oh, and where is it located?

Edit: Sorry, I was not trying to steal focus from the thread and make it an airsoft discussion. Just thought it was worth asking if the site could be used for both paintball or airsoft. When the site is setup, and if it's not too far away, I'll be up for a game of paintball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

RAP 4 Markers are well fun looking, ejecting shells:eek:
    maybe €€€ tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

see what we paintballers have to pit up with robert30?

if you want some none airsoft biased discussion check www.paintballer.ie

i'm nearly 17 but would be interested in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

whupass wrote:
    see what we paintballers have to pit up with robert30?

That's actually the main reason I'd like to see separate airsoft and paintball forums. There's enough interest in both sports for them to do well independently now. Actually, they'd do better independently as you wouldn't have crossover threads happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Interesting idea. Few questions,

1. Why must you be over 23?
    2. Where about in the country is this land?
    3. Have you you own gear at the minute?
    4. What markers are you thinking about using?
    4. What are you doing for insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robert30

Interesting idea. Few questions,
    1. Why must you be over 23?

because if your younger then 23 then me thinks the age gap between us will be a bit to high most of the lads onboard are in their thirties. but if ure keen, can afford to buy all ure kit and arent a pain in the hole im sure exceptions can be made.
    2. Where about in the country is this land?

we have possible 3 locations 2 in the midlands and one in mayo.basically we are renting the shooting rights but rather then shooting the wildlife we plan to shoot each other.

Have you you own gear at the minute
    ?

not yet hope to get enough bodies interested to form a club etc before licenses are applied for and marker etc are bought. once your part of a club have land to shoot on and a clean record obtaining the necessary firearm license is straight foward enough

What markers are you thinking about using?

http://www.rap4.com/ no hoppers unless you buy the m60 or mg42 too try and keep it as realistic as possible

4. What are you doing for insurance?

club insurance is the way to go similiar to gun club waiting on a few quotes early indicators are i wont be that bad.

he robert, see my detailed respose on the other forum
    http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?p=13430#13430

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

bump
    im interested

dont know where robert has gone do.

If you are interested in a team instead of a club (more of less the same thing) then there is a guy setting one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

who ,and where is it based?
    is he planning on using mil sim guns?

• Advertisement

check out paintballer.ie for the developments.

Bump, i take it that this never materialised.

Can this be moved into the paintball forum please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Granted, the OP mentioned no hoppers but for anyone who is in anyway interested:

Opsgear.com in states carry some paintball stuff including shroud/kits for markers.

He mentions real action combat markers, so I am assuming that he means rap4.com stuff. Limited amout of paintballs that are magazine fed with the gas tank built into the stock

http://www.rap4.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Quick MilSim related question.
    How useful are paintball snipers?

Quick MilSim related question.
    How useful are paintball snipers?

All depends on how good the player is at using cover and playing the role of a sniper.

As for paintball sniper equipment, no such thing. You are never going to be that accurate with a standard paintball.

Advertisement