Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zomg I Got In!!!!

• 16-08-2007 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Seeing as how the offers are really more of a formality now that I have my results (and I know a few other people are in the same situation), i'm going to go ahead and say ''WOO I GOT IN!!!''.See you all in September everybody!Tis going to kick ass!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well done! What course did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Yes, well done sir:)

I should also have gotten into my course*:D

*hopefully...unless something goes really wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

damn firstyears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh i'd laugh if you didn't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

r3nu4l wrote:
    Well done! What course did you apply for?
    Business and Management, its a new course thats only being introduced this September.Seems like a fantastic course, and I can't wait to start!
    lemansky wrote:
    Yes, well done sir:)

I should also have gotten into my course*:D

*hopefully...unless something goes really wrong
    Hahaha.But didn't you get almost TWICE what you needed in points?Yeah i'm sure you'll be fine!!
    Cremo wrote:
    tbh i'd laugh if you didn't get it.
    TBH I don't care about whatever the hell you do.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

yay i got in too! I'll be doing Media studies. Well I'm pretty sure I will be...I got around 100 points more than what it was last year, so unless there's a massive jump....So who's joining me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

hey!!!!!! hopefully ill be going to study in maynooth too!!!!!!! doing arts! got 40 points over last years points so hopefully it wont jump!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

me but not in media. science yes yes got 75pts more than it was last yr hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fredpaper

got in to business and management also with a hundred or so points to spare. lookin forward to it already! im sure i'll see some of u there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Why do people keep taking business/ managment courses? We have enough blasted managers we need more skilled workers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

geminilady wrote:
    hey!!!!!! hopefully ill be going to study in maynooth too!!!!!!! doing arts! got 40 points over last years points so hopefully it wont jump!!!!

I hope you get to write lots of essays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha.But didn't you get almost TWICE what you needed in points?

True, but I don't take anything for granted!

I've already seen one poster who thinks that if you get more than approximately the minimum for the course, you shouldn't be able to do it....so if his infectious ideas spread beyond his own mind he might stir up his own little army and get half of us rejected form our courses:D

fredpaper wrote:
    got in to business and management also with a hundred or so points to spare. lookin forward to it already! im sure i'll see some of u there
    Ha.You're the first person i've come across whose doing the same course as me.Well I guess i'll see you on September the 18th then!I'm really looking forward to starting too, it looks like a ****ing awesome course.
    Why do people keep taking business/ managment courses? We have enough blasted managers we need more skilled workers!
    I'm actually considering to use it as a back door into business law/economics....Don't really plan on being a manager at all!
    lemansky wrote:
    I've already seen one poster who thinks that if you get more than approximately the minimum for the course, you shouldn't be able to do it....so if his infectious ideas spread beyond his own mind he might stir up his own little army and get half of us rejected form our courses:D
    That......makes no sense whatsoever!God some people are such morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Arts for myself, hooray. See you all there, and newbies, seriously....lay off the exclamation marks. They're as dangerous as drugs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nerfmenow

Been accepted for Politics, pretty stoked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Heya just accepted biomed at Maynooth.Im over the moon with it,really am except for the fact that i seem to be the only one of my mates going there so im not going to know anyone:o .Is Maynooth an easy place to make friends?I hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I found Maynooth to be a great place to make friends and had a brilliant time there :) Just approach people in your first few days there and you'll be grand. Lab practicals can be a good place to make friends as are the various clubs and societies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I just accepted Arts : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

got no.1 science yeayyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

CSSE, hurrah

Well thats that out of the way.Course offered and accepted.Now the only thing left to worry bout is the fate of my on-campus accomodation....which I will tomorrow!Hopefully it'll be good news....Anyways see you all in 29 days people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

mp3guy wrote:
    CSSE, hurrah
    Hate that!

I dont see the point in 1st CSSE anyway now becasue they have changed the course. You are just a 1st Science student and then at the end of 1st year you have the choice to go off and do CSSE or general Science.

If you dont know already:
    Your Timetable
    http://www.cs.nuim.ie/timetables/Sem1/CSSE1.htm

And your modules
    http://www.cs.nuim.ie/courses/modlist.php?coursecode=CSSE&year=1

I will be seeing you in Callan Hall for MT101S, tho I have to pass my repeats 1st :D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Biological and Biomedical science here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

eamoss wrote:
    I dont see the point in 1st CSSE anyway now becasue they have changed the course. You are just a 1st Science student and then at the end of 1st year you have the choice to go off and do CSSE or general Science.

Yeah thats a pain in the ass, left it until april to announce that, but I got a B2 in Higher physics, so I'm just gonna do mathematical and experimental physics for first year, then drop them as soon as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

mp3guy wrote:
    Yeah thats a pain in the ass, left it until april to announce that, but I got a B2 in Higher physics, so I'm just gonna do mathematical and experimental physics for first year, then drop them as soon as I can.

Like they dont even have anything about it on the website(well so that I can see) about the course changing. The only reason I found out about it was on boards. Though tbh you are missing out on great(crap) modules like doing 2nd yr subjects in 1st yr.

2nd yr will be great 16 hours down from 24 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Another Artser here, can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

B.Sc Multimedia here! I'm so excited :D anybody else get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

MH106 Psychology

Anyone else gonna join me? I'll probably be taking Spanish and Philosophy in first year too :)

• Advertisement

Accepted MH201 science.
    Can't wait, and me living in Maynooth makes it all the handier....:D

Advertisement