Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zomg I Got In!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Living with the parentals? You'll see the error of your ways soon enough! Freedom ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Don't worry I have my bases covered! I have places to crash when I need it, plus all the money I don't have to spend on living expenses can be invested elsewhere if you get me....

I don't have to wash my own clothes, cook for myself, I have a whole hous eto wander around, no rent, bills, I'll survive! All of my friends who are already in college seem pretty happy with that arrangement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

lemansky wrote:
    Accepted MH201 science.
    Can't wait, and me living in Maynooth makes it all the handier....:D

You live in maynooth?? You weren't in my year were you?? :eek:

kisaragi wrote:
    You live in maynooth?? You weren't in my year were you?? :eek:

I was a salesian's head!

I see :P Why go there? Just out of curiosity :p

• Advertisement

Oh and hi five for the "you got over 500, have a grand" thing :P NUIM ftw :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

dango wrote:
    Living with the parentals? You'll see the error of your ways soon enough! Freedom ftw!
    Yeah thats what i'm talking bout, FREEDOM BABY!!!Can't wait!!Finally get out of this ****hole!WOOOOO!!

kisaragi wrote:

High five right back!Thank you!I actually forgot about that it was a very nice surprise. I am of course going to re-invest it in the local economy....the roost etc:D

I went to 'the other school' because my brother went there years before me so my name was down already! I just went with the flow tbh:cool:

kisaragi wrote:
    Damn I wish i'd gotten 500 points.Then i'd have guaranteed on campus accomodation....and a big pile of free money...and I could do alot of things with a big pile of free money....

*Imagines making money forts out of €10 notes and then jumping through it screaming ''FREE MONEY!!!!''*

...Yeah that would rock.

Well thats on-campus accomodation got!Yay!Don't actually know where yet....or what type of room i've gotten......but I'l know whenever the form or whatever comes in the post.Ah well as long as its a single room, thats all that matters.Woo!

• Advertisement

Good news so Enemy of Fate!
    I also got some good news.....I got the form that you need to fill out in order to get that 1000 euro grant!It's all filled out and on it's way back to the admissions office right now.

It says that you get the grant officially presented (and the first 500) 'later on in the first semester'->anyone know when roughly that is?It's just that if it's one of the first two Fridays of college I can't go to this presentation they speak of(I'm assuming it's not gonna be on a Saturday either as both those Saturdays are write offs as well.)

lemansky wrote:
    Good news so Enemy of Fate!
    Yep.Only 27 days till I can begin to say ''screw that i'm heading back to the pad!''.Mwhahaha.Twill be awesome!!

Perhaps you can use some of your free money to furnish my pad with some necessities lemansky.....like a plant!I mean I need some sort of a plant for my pad-warming don't I?!I mean just imagine a pad without a plant......

*Shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Music here.

Now to decide on a subject to drop after first year.... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Music here.

Now to decide on a subject to drop after first year.... :/
    a bit premature? :p

Can't wait to get cracking, kind of sad it's not my school I'm returning to, kind of excited for the new surroundings, kind of nervous for college...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The bar helps the nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ahhh the excitement. Suppose this calls for another shopping spree so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sugarattack

Congrats to all (not sure if going to Maynooth deserves congratulations but however).

Make sure to keep your dental dam on you at all times as well.

(not sure if going to Maynooth deserves congratulations but however).

¬_¬

Apologies if you're joking (my humour and sarcasm metres are both reading unsure), but if you're not..........justify

I'm not joking. I went to Maynooth myself and did Science. At 300pts its not much of a big deal getting in. Maybe it is to some people though.

Sorry I took you up the wrong way there I thought you meant it in the sense of NUIM being a crap college...some people have the notion that everything bar one particular college(you know the types) is crap!

No no I agree with you there I'm doing science as well, and, shock and horror, it went up to 305 this year I believe.

Apologies.

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong I think Maynooth is a great college probably the best undergrad science college in Ireland imo. I just not that hard to get into although I suppose there are course that are so maybe I am talking crap. Anyways I'd love to be a new first year in Maynooth. The town and college is just such a perfect setup for students nowadays.

I'm not joking. I went to Maynooth myself and did Science. At 300pts its not much of a big deal getting in. Maybe it is to some people though.

Some people study really hard to get 300 points... :)

I don't know if going to NUIM is really gonna be much different from going to school, considering they're like... 2 minutes away from each other :rolleyes:

But hopefully it'll turn out to be so much better :D

Are you mad? College is off the wall compared to school.

There is actually a point in Maynooth that is the border for all 3 levels of my education. I spent 17 years in education in hte same square 100 metres in Maynooth. Its a special feeling.

Don't get me wrong I think Maynooth is a great college probably the best undergrad science college in Ireland imo. I just not that hard to get into although I suppose there are course that are so maybe I am talking crap. Anyways I'd love to be a new first year in Maynooth. The town and college is just such a perfect setup for students nowadays.
    Don't woory I get you!I just read into the first comment the wrong way.

It's true what you say. I mean I picked science here over Trinity for a reason, and no its not because I live in Maynooth!I was going to go to Trinity for years...then I opened my eyes to NUIM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm only after realising that I've never proclaimed my impending arrival @ Maynooth. Doing Arts in a couple of weeks so should see ye there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Most people dont proclaim their arrival - I sure didn't. It's like this batch of first years just got themselves some drugs and decided to whoop it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I blame Enemy of fate, he's just trying to make some friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

that presentation day is about half way into the first semester

Rozabeez wrote:
    I blame Enemy of fate, he's just trying to make some friends!
    Why do you always blame me for everything?!?!?

*Sobs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Most people dont proclaim their arrival - I sure didn't. It's like this batch of first years just got themselves some drugs and decided to whoop it up

This perfectly describes my first day in Maynooth.Evryone was making friends and getting excited...I was looking at the grass thinking, what the **** is going on.To the passer by, I looked like the sane one.

Advertisement