Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get a SEQUEL!!

• 16-08-2007 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Attention Browncoats, this is a call to arms! We must organize! We must fight! What are we fighting for? For a sequel to one of the best science-fiction movies to date, a sequel to Serenity. A letter writing campaign is being organized, and it's very simple to participate. All you must do is copy/paste, and print out the following letter. Then sign your name, and mail it off to the address below. This campaign is being timed with the release of the special edition of the Serenity DVD. The idea is that if enough people buy a copy of the special edition DVD and send out a copy of the exact same letter, Universal will consider making a sequel to Serenity because it will be profitable. So all you have to do to expand the Firefly/Serenity universe, is mail the following letter to Universal Studios on or after August 21st, the day the special edition DVD ships. If everyone one of us gets as many people as possible to send in a letter and buy a copy of the DVD, then no power in the 'verse can stop us.

-Trevor Latal (DrummDragon)

Universal Studios Address:

100 Universal City Plaza
    Universal Studios, CA. 91608

Letter to be printed and mailed (email may work also): double space the letter so it fills the whole page

To whom it may concern,

I am what one would call a "Browncoat." A fan of the 2005 major motion picture Serenity, by Joss Whedon and Universal Studios. This also means that I am a fan of the short lived television series Firefly. As a member of the very large Browncoat community, I can say that we have done the impossible. What the Browncoat community has done is to help get a cancelled television series made into a major motion picture. My hope is that we can do it again, and have a sequel to the 2005 major motion picture Serenity will soon be made by Universal Studios.

Due to both DVD sales and word of mouth, popularity of the major motion picture Serenity has increased greatly since it's theatrical debut in 2005. This rise in popularity is not just among determined fans who call themselves "Browncoats," but among the general movie going public as well. I am sure that your company's sales records of the Serenity DVD can indicate better than I can, that it would be in Universal Studio's best financial interest to produce a sequel to Serenity. With better publicity and marketing than the first, a sequel to Serenity would be much more successful at the box office, as well as in DVD sales. I can guarantee that when a sequel to Serenity is produced, that no power in the 'verse can stop me, or thousands of other Browncoats and ordinary moviegoers alike from seeing it.

Sincerely,

(Printed Name)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

would it not be better to orginise a large campagin to make firefly/serenity take over amazin top 20? with firefly, serenity, serenity hd, serenity Special edition, if salers on all of those where high enough all of them and all 4 of them where in amazons top 20 along with the letter campaign you have some proof to mention in the letter and would increase the chances.

\correct me if im wrong but wasent it the browncoats who bought like 3 or 4 copies each or more of firefly and gave to friends/family , where those high sales not what caused serenity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Serenity barely broke even in the Box Office.

i don't think that there is a place where you can get DVD revenue online.
    it would be a very necessary piece of information before any campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well, for the sake of a few cents it's worth it.

But quite honestly, if getting the film into the #1 Slot in a lot of the end-of-year polls and buying multilple copies of both the series and the movie didn't stir the sequel juices, I'm not sure what will.

But as Nathan says, what kind ass loses faith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Large Dvd Sales are more and more becoming reasons for sequels, hovever, I think aiming for a cinema sequel is aiming too high.Its too unlikely. Much more likely to get sucess by using the dvds sales as leverage for a high budget[well for this kind of money]direct to dvd movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Large Dvd Sales are more and more becoming reasons for sequels, hovever, I think aiming for a cinema sequel is aiming too high.Its too unlikely. Much more likely to get sucess by using the dvds sales as leverage for a high budget[well for this kind of money]direct to dvd movie.

i don't know. it broke even in the cinema so everything else is profit making

everyone here went to the cinema (at least once) and then bought the DVD (at least once ha)

cut out the cinema release and you are losing a main money stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Not really.If sequel released in cinemas,it would most likely make LESS than orginal-Lower audience due to it being a sequel to a movie that alot of people didnt see-it DIDNT break even at the box office-it fell about 200,000 thousand dollers short-add in the estimated 10 million for marketing and that figure is 10,200,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

yes but remember how much the fan base has grown since then if they check the dvd sales against the ticket sales i wouldent be suprised if the ratio was well over 30:1, i personley have got around 14 or so people into firefly/serenity and about 8 of them now own the dvd serenity

Advertisement