Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitness Level

• 16-08-2007 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering what kind of fitness level would be required for Parkour, I am interested in getting started but I am completely unfit.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Depends on how far you want to take it. If you are completly unfit then don't jump straight into parkour, hit them gym a few times a week, go for a run once a day, get your fitness levels up to a standard where you can lift your own body weight easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Cheers for the feedback, Im nowhere near that fitness level yet so I guess its off to the Gym. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pendude

PDD wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback, Im nowhere near that fitness level yet so I guess its off to the Gym. :-)

Just wondering, how are you getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

now now, you may only think you're nowhere near the fitness level.
    when i started i came from nothing, I'd never done any form of exercising.
    all you need to know is your limits, and hows to train for them then eventually pass them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭FishFlop21

I AM NOT FIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Still nowhere near fit :-P

look, fitness isn't overly important for begining
    once you've begun training and you acquire the basics you need to start moving for yourself to the best of your own ability the limits will begin to break until you're doing too many climb ups to be counted.

if you're training to just be "fit" and not thinking about your specific moevement and safety... try something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

Goat Mouth wrote: »
    look, fitness isn't overly important for begining
    once you've begun training and you acquire the basics you need to start moving for yourself to the best of your own ability the limits will begin to break until you're doing too many climb ups to be counted.

if you're training to just be "fit" and not thinking about your specific moevement and safety... try something else.

ye i would agree with this dave. the best way to get good at parkour is to just do it. know your limits and take your time. parkour is about efficient movement, you dont have to be that strong fast or.. um.. jumpy to start just go out and enjoy yourself

oh hey Metaxis, havent seen you in ages, maybe a year at this stage, how've you been keepin man?

-any back on topic-

so fitness level, yes, also set yourself some goals during your training, and always start them off small.
    be they;
    five kongs a day
    or
    five dashes
    10 pressups
    then chin ups
    3 - 5 muscle ups if possible
    20 + calve raises
    etc

also never forget your basic warm up and cool down
    just rinse, repeat and keep repeating, it doesnt happen over night.
    but you'll surprise yourself.

Advertisement